Beaumauris Pier

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
cantevencatchacold
Has liked: 30 times

Beaumauris Pier

Post by cantevencatchacold » Sat May 07, 2011 7:47 pm

Lovely conditions last night weather wise but only 2 x 23 cm pinkies using chicken on paternoster rigs. Released of course. Ho hum. Not much chance of changing my name then. :(

MISTAKOOL

Re: Beaumaris Pier

Post by MISTAKOOL » Sat May 07, 2011 11:33 pm

Any Squid being caught at Beaumaris Pier?

By all reports, their are also Salmon around down there.

cantevencatchacold
Has liked: 30 times

Post by cantevencatchacold » Mon May 09, 2011 7:27 pm

MISTAKOOL wrote:Any Squid being caught at Beaumaris Pier?

Lots of recent, maybe day old or so, ink stains but none caught while I was there again on Sunday morning. There were about a half dozen jigging. Also, another 4 or 5 using soft plastics for salmon but again none caught as I left at about 1100. Some nice garfish landed from the left side of the pier, middle section. I'll try again this Friday afternoon/evening if I can. Good luck.

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:08 pm

cantevencatchacold wrote:
MISTAKOOL wrote:Any Squid being caught at Beaumaris Pier?

Lots of recent, maybe day old or so, ink stains but none caught while I was there again on Sunday morning. There were about a half dozen jigging. Also, another 4 or 5 using soft plastics for salmon but again none caught as I left at about 1100. Some nice garfish landed from the left side of the pier, middle section. I'll try again this Friday afternoon/evening if I can. Good luck.

Hay Canevencatchacold,

Im thinking of heading to Beaumaris Pier , wit the misses and some friends,.. prob do a Dive there too,.. Any Suggestions on where to throw a line off from?
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

showtime

Post by showtime » Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:02 am

got to the pier around 8pm,1/2 dozen jigging for squid but no luck,every one else going for gars,had to wait until about 9:30 for them to turn up,had to keep burling to keep them there,caught 10 little mexicans,went home happy.

CremeDeLaCreme
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CremeDeLaCreme » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:48 pm

fished beaumauris pier from 12pm to 6.30pm.

Where have the gars gone? Only a few (large) ones caught.

Where have the squid gone? (one caught between 10 anglers.)

Did see two Whiting caught, two australian salmon and two undersized pinkies.

All in all a slow day but great to get out. :thumbsup:
Addicted to fishing since 1973

hskim00

Re: Beaumauris Pier

Post by hskim00 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:49 am

Went down to the pier last sunday avro with my little kid and it was his first fishing outting with daddy. Had two light gears to chase some gars that can be a better speice for my 3 years old boy to start to with rather than big reds requiring waiting and patient. The only reason I choose this little pier to have a go was to avoid crowds at any other piers near where I live, especially worse at weekends. Well, my guess or prediction was completely wrong, seeing a few number of anglers fishing on this pier. Didn't want to be a part of the crowds at the end of the pier so decided to cast lines off a section of it where fish are unlikely to hang around. Didn't get any bites for an hour and my boy was becoming a bit disappointed at the results without any fish.

Did see a guy landing a sambo at the end of the pier and my boy wanted to see that fish :bounce: Took my boy to there and asked the guy if it is okay for my boy to have a look at that fish in his bucket. Well... the man wasn't that friendly even rude to us by saying "I am busy and walk off" :Boxing: Didn't want to put myself down to the level of his humanity at the front of my boy so did not respond to him with aggravated behaviour.

Even though not a great spot to chase big reds or anything like that, personally love fishing off this pier that is less packed but much more relaxing. I often meet very nice people there who would pull one of his lines out of water and offer me a chance to draw my line next to him. Very sad to see new anglers with nasty attitudes starting to come to this pier to ONLY catch fish. I should find another spot where I can enjoy fishing activities with my boy without having to confront these kinds of people :surrender:

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”