Black Rock Pier

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
Post Reply
User avatar
arabshark
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 am
Location: Boronia, Victoria
Contact:

Black Rock Pier

Post by arabshark » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:26 pm

Hi All,
Last night we hit up a couple of piers. First we arrived at Mordialloc at around 11pm to packed pier. It's been my first time there in a few years. Anyways it was doughnuts for everyone onboard, we were lucky to get a little nibble on squid. Next up hit Black Rock Pier. Just as we got there some block caught a decent whiting, so that was a promising sign. I threw out a line and nothing for the next 30 minutes. Then my girlfriend spotted a squid in the water, so I quickly threw on a jig, cast about 5 metres away from it, and it attacked in about half a second (it was pretty amazing to witness how fast and aggressive these things are). Anyways we came home with a decent squid, so I was happy about that.



Remove these ads.

User avatar
sasquatch972
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 540
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:09 pm
Location: Wantirna South

Re: Black Rock Pier

Post by sasquatch972 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:51 pm

arabshark wrote:Hi All,
Last night we hit up a couple of piers. First we arrived at Mordialloc at around 11pm to packed pier. It's been my first time there in a few years. Anyways it was doughnuts for everyone onboard, we were lucky to get a little nibble on squid. Next up hit Black Rock Pier. Just as we got there some block caught a decent whiting, so that was a promising sign. I threw out a line and nothing for the next 30 minutes. Then my girlfriend spotted a squid in the water, so I quickly threw on a jig, cast about 5 metres away from it, and it attacked in about half a second (it was pretty amazing to witness how fast and aggressive these things are). Anyways we came home with a decent squid, so I was happy about that.

nice work mate, atleast you got something!

Fishn104
Rank: Snapper
Rank: Snapper
Posts: 885
Joined: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:16 am

Re: Black Rock Pier

Post by Fishn104 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:56 pm

Great bait for your next outing lol.
FISHING AWAKENS THE SOUL!!

Fishing Victoria Comp SPEC1516. Total: 326cm
FRESH:
Redfin 44cm. Yellow belly 39cm. Carp 81cm. Rainbow trout 33cm.

SALT: mullet 38cm. Trevally 43cm. KG Whiting 28cm. Squid 20cm.

Wolly Bugger
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 4258
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:25 pm
Has liked: 12 times
Likes received: 38 times

Re: Black Rock Pier

Post by Wolly Bugger » Fri Nov 01, 2013 7:01 pm

It is rather shallow there, casting towards the reef, but fishing from the carpark and using surf rods, might be in a chance for a pinkie or snapper.

User avatar
arabshark
Rank: Garfish
Rank: Garfish
Posts: 92
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:12 am
Location: Boronia, Victoria
Contact:

Re: Black Rock Pier

Post by arabshark » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:07 pm

Cheers All. Thanks Wolly, I need to stock up on a surf rod. I've caught a couple of nice silver trevally on chicken before casting towards the old shipwreck.

Irishfisherman
Rank: Baitfish
Rank: Baitfish
Posts: 26
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:59 pm

Re: Black Rock Pier

Post by Irishfisherman » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 pm

Yesterday at 7 I headed down to Black Rock pier with my dad, I wasn’t expecting much and was questioning whether or not it would be possible to fish due to the rough conditions. I used squid for bait on a paternoster rig and at first I caught a few small pinkies, but eventually I managed a whiting of about 40cm which I was very pleased with, afterwards I caught a couple of bigger pinkies which were about 30cm but they were returned, had to come home earlier than I would have desired due to school the following day. All in all I was very pleased with the outcome as I had not been expecting anything at all. Hope this helps anyone who had been planning to go down there.
Cheers, Jude.



Remove these ads.

User avatar
bowl
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 6490
Joined: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:30 pm
Location: Wyndham Vale
Has liked: 57 times
Likes received: 122 times

Re: Black Rock Pier

Post by bowl » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:15 pm

Irishfisherman wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 pm
Yesterday at 7 I headed down to Black Rock pier with my dad, I wasn’t expecting much and was questioning whether or not it would be possible to fish due to the rough conditions. I used squid for bait on a paternoster rig and at first I caught a few small pinkies, but eventually I managed a whiting of about 40cm which I was very pleased with, afterwards I caught a couple of bigger pinkies which were about 30cm but they were returned, had to come home earlier than I would have desired due to school the following day. All in all I was very pleased with the outcome as I had not been expecting anything at all. Hope this helps anyone who had been planning to go down there.
Cheers, Jude.
Last tuesday a few blokes were catching garfish around 10am

Lightningx
Rank: Mulloway
Rank: Mulloway
Posts: 11717
Joined: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:21 pm
Has liked: 48 times
Likes received: 431 times

Re: Black Rock Pier

Post by Lightningx » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:40 pm

Irishfisherman wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 pm
Yesterday at 7 I headed down to Black Rock pier with my dad, I wasn’t expecting much and was questioning whether or not it would be possible to fish due to the rough conditions. I used squid for bait on a paternoster rig and at first I caught a few small pinkies, but eventually I managed a whiting of about 40cm which I was very pleased with, afterwards I caught a couple of bigger pinkies which were about 30cm but they were returned, had to come home earlier than I would have desired due to school the following day. All in all I was very pleased with the outcome as I had not been expecting anything at all. Hope this helps anyone who had been planning to go down there.
Cheers, Jude.
That’s a very nice kgw mate. Well done.
When it’s rough I have seen guys pulling in some nice snapper casting towards the shipwreck :thumbsup:

dazz999
Rank: Premium Member
Rank: Premium Member
Posts: 1238
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2017 4:44 pm
Likes received: 31 times

Re: Black Rock Pier

Post by dazz999 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:51 pm

bowl wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:15 pm
Irishfisherman wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:04 pm
Yesterday at 7 I headed down to Black Rock pier with my dad, I wasn’t expecting much and was questioning whether or not it would be possible to fish due to the rough conditions. I used squid for bait on a paternoster rig and at first I caught a few small pinkies, but eventually I managed a whiting of about 40cm which I was very pleased with, afterwards I caught a couple of bigger pinkies which were about 30cm but they were returned, had to come home earlier than I would have desired due to school the following day. All in all I was very pleased with the outcome as I had not been expecting anything at all. Hope this helps anyone who had been planning to go down there.
Cheers, Jude.
Last tuesday a few blokes were catching garfish around 10am
big gar,s ?

Post Reply

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”