Black Rock 20/03/14

Black Rock, Beaumaris, Half Moon Bay, Mordialloc, Parkdale
Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Black Rock 20/03/14

Post by Basti » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:31 pm

Thought i'd throw a few squid jigs around tonight so i headed over to black rock. got there just after sunset, left at 10pm. Not a tentacle in sight until i was walking back to the car. i spotted a few teeny (total length equal to a 3.0 jig) squiddies so i swapped to my one and only 2.0 and showed it to them. They had a taste but didn't want to come home and squirted back under the jetty.

I swapped over to the boatramp side to see if i could find them, headlight on max. Had my jig in the water just because. I was about 3 m up from the bit where you tie your boat while parking the car. next thing i know, this massive shadow floats out and has a look at the jig. gave the jig a twitch and wham, he grabbed it. strike, cloud of ink, two tugs then he spat the lure and zoomed off. after a frantic search, i found him sulking next one of the pillars but he didn't want round two. just kinda slunk off looking like i'd called him a dirty name.

bugger would have been atleast the size of my size 11 nikes through the hood. water was barely 40cm deep. no idea that they came in that shallow. shattered i dropped him because that the biggest i've seen

in other news, picked up 4 15cmish cala at rye round 3pm, and theres tons of ink on the planks, tommy ruff, and lots of pike/snook things at blairgowrie. plenty of follows on plastics, HB, and metals but no touches

tuna tube

Re: Black Rock 20/03/14

Post by tuna tube » Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:34 pm

Great report basti. Shame he didn't go for round 2
Cheers
The Tube

kaotay

Post by kaotay » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:18 pm

Great report basti. Could you have got him with a long handled net?

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:41 pm

definitely. it wouldn't even have to be that long handled a net.

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:20 am

Basti wrote:definitely. it wouldn't even have to be that long handled a net.
OR you could one of these: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=squi ... 20&bih=939" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I made my own out of a telescopic pole I wasn't using, it was a 5 piece w** pole so I removed two sections so it's about 12 feet long when extended.

I should post a pic of it looks impressive, I bound thread as hand grips and then used rod varnish on the grips, looks awesome. ( works great too !..)
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Fri Mar 21, 2014 12:40 am

Lol, might have to change it to ethnic pole, to avoid the wrath of the mods :P

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:28 am

Scraglor wrote:Lol, might have to change it to ethnic pole, to avoid the wrath of the mods :P
I have every right to say w** because I am a w**, well I was born in Oz anyway but my parents were imported God rest their souls.

This politically correct society bores the crap out of me, so do we rename Jew fish and black fish Oh and not forgetting niggers " =>( Ludrick )

the world's gone mad with political correctness ... :shocker:
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Black Rock to Mordialloc”