has mallacoota been slow this year?

Everything about bream
blakesirus

has mallacoota been slow this year?

Post by blakesirus » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:48 am

Hi All,

I`m new to this site and would like to thank everyone who has posted on it as it contains great info and I much appreciate it! But back to my question, was fishing 'Coota in mid-Jan and only caught a flathead on a Squidgy Drop-Bear... decent size but in years prior I`d caught heaps. Other fisho`s in the area at the time also had poor fishing and blamed it on higher numbers of prawn in the lakes and said the fish were feeding on them. I`m going to Mallacoota next week and am obviously hoping for more luck but I`d like to know and appreciate it if anyone has any advice or tips on what lures have been working well lately and/or if they`ve had trouble at 'Coota too? I`m no expert fisherman but love it nevertheless and usually can pull 1 or 2 out. I`d like to target bream and flatties.
P.S Sorry I accidentally posted in wrong thread, my apologies.
Cheers,

Blake

Mjacc

Re: has mallacoota been slow this year?

Post by Mjacc » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:46 am

Hi Blake,

Fairly new at this site too, however I Mallacoota is an area I know reasonably well. Have been there almost every year for the past 15-18 years roughly. Are you land based or boat based?
I was there boxing day - to early Jan and we did okay, similar to previous years however its always changing. Will be heading up again ANZAC weekend.

fishmagnet

Re: has mallacoota been slow this year?

Post by fishmagnet » Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:35 pm

Hey mate, i'm heading down there tomorrow and i'll be staying with a friend who's a local. the bream have been very tough and finicky, but as for the flathead there's a few around he said. i'll shoot you a PM when i get back with some spots that produced for us. Cheers

Return to “Bream Fishing”