The Bream Master Is Back!!!

Everything about bream
smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: The Bream Master Is Back!!!

Post by smile0784 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:43 pm

purple5ive wrote:Gday lads.
Started the first fishing trip of the year with a bang.
Headed down to catch up with a mate for some flats fishing for bream.
Once we found the patches of fish it was game on. I had great succes high sticking a crank in a just over a foot of water riddled with weed. I just love the way bream hit a hardbody. 4lb leader and a nice parabolic actioned rod and hold on!!!
They certainly weren't big fish. Rsnging from 29 to 36cm We landed a total of 22 bream and 5 estuary perch between 2 people and we also dropped about 6 fish.
This is one of my most memorable bream sessions as of yet. One that will always be remebered.
Ps. You don't need a latte in hand to catch bream. I found out that a long black will do just fine :-D
Cheers

FB_IMG_1515019766072.jpg
FB_IMG_1515019783709.jpg
FB_IMG_1515019777774.jpg
No matter what any one says its a great effort.
Ultimatelyits the skippers responsibilty for the catch in a joint box/ live well.

And you dont **** of the skipper.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 1:48 pm

Well done on the catch Purple. Looks like a fun day just a word of warning I believe its a bag/possession limit even though you guys released most if you were unlucky to get audited before release I think you could get done.

Nice capture mate.

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:04 pm

CarlG wrote:I'm betting it was a soy milk decaf skinny latte. And I bet you had pointy shoes on.
Nice effort on the bream mate, you can come and catch my livebaits anytime.
All the people with negative comments, exactly what rules were broken.?
Hahah you funny bugger. Im starting to have some sort of allergy to milk i think. But **** the soy stuff. Id rather black coffee than the fancy stuff.
Couldnt find my handbag and shoes on time as it was a last minute trip.
I believe 2 bream over the limit in the livewell is technically breaking the law... didnt realise we had that many in there until we finished up tbh. Not an excuse though.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:08 pm

Broomstick wrote:No offence intended Steve. I just think people should be a little more informed when it comes to fish welfare. Keeping fish in live wells is detrimental to fish and unless it is complete necessary (i.e., in comps) I don't think people should do it. The experiments we carried out were in 40L and 80L eskies and in both, the fitness of fish reduced significantly over time. Unfortunately the vast majority of fishing practices are based on no scientific evidence. Another example that annoys me is release weights for fish with barotrauma. It's absolutely ludicrous to think that a fish with it's eyes popping out and stomach coming out of its mouth will swim off if you can get it back down to the bottom. So stupid.

Anyway, I understand that it wasn't your boat so it wasn't your choice. Again, I have nothing against keeping fish for a feed. I think this whole paradigm shift towards treating bream as some sort of golden species that must me protected at all costs is ridiculous, considering that they are just about the most common, widespread and adaptable species in Australia. But if you are going to release them, I think we should look after them.

Congrats on the fish. I can't wait to get down to East Gippy and chase some on the flats myself!
Comp rules are min 60l. So i had to go and buy a 70l esky just for the comps. Ill be updating it to proper well when i get time and money.
As for the whole bream being taken as a feed. I generally release most fish. But these days my parents are retired and on the pension so ive started to take some fish home for them.. bream usually go back. But i made an exemption this time since my mate wanted to keep some for his dad..
Fish were caught the other side of town.

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:13 pm

Mattblack wrote:I can handle you massacring bream by the thousands, drinking soy-lattes and your obsession with inferior fishing equipment....but you cross the line when you criticize alloy boats! :tongue:
Haha man don't even start. I was trolling so hard specially when a 4.5m tinny gets called a plate boat. And can get up in the plane faster than tupperware boats. Then i see a post from same guy wanting to add trim tabs to improve plane. And he already had a foil installed.
I didn't let that pass me by very nicely i musty say... trolled hard and it got nasty lolll

meppstas
Has liked: 903 times

Post by meppstas » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:15 pm

Great session P5 with some solid bream taken, well done.. few nice feeds there as well mate.. very nice eating fish, enjoy..
Eleven fish each I can't see anything wrong with that at all.. I think some of the comments are a bit harsh too..

cheers
Adrian
Last edited by meppstas on Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
'' Brand Ambassador for Mepps Lures in Australia '' Tackle Tactics, Okuma, Mepps & Platypus lines Pro Team Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClk58e ... m8yelCSKCw

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:17 pm

rb85 wrote:Well done on the catch Purple. Looks like a fun day just a word of warning I believe its a bag/possession limit even though you guys released most if you were unlucky to get audited before release I think you could get done.

Nice capture mate.
Yep i belive we could have gotten a fine for that. But we took a chance mainly because they were going back..i figured seeing all the lures and livewell etc they might realise its just sport fishing and let us off.
Must make sure not to do that next time

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 2:19 pm

meppstas wrote:Great session P5 with some solid bream taken, well done.. few nice feeds there as well mate.. very nice eating fish, enjoy..
Eleven fish each I can't see anything wrong with that at all.. I think some of the comments are a bit harsh too..

cheers
Adrian
Thanks Adrian Limit is 10 per person in victoria. So technically over the limit. But as i said already we released some.
The last time i took bream home was 5 or so years ago i think. ...

frozenpod
Has liked: 81 times

Post by frozenpod » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:03 pm

mazman wrote: Not 100% sure but I believe they did actually break a law by having 22 fish in the well at once, be super rough to get pinged for though.
Unless my eyes are not working I can only see 21 fish.

Could be a case of the legal bag of 20 plus the one just caught for the photo to be released immediately after ;-)

purple5ive

Post by purple5ive » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Haha good spot mate. Yes theres only 21 in the pic One fish went back in the drink earlier. Was wondering who was going to actually pickup on that.
But in all honesty we could have released the other one then taken the pic. But decided to do it this way.

Return to “Bream Fishing”