More patterson lakes breaming

Everything about bream
Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Re: More patterson lakes breaming

Post by Sebb » Wed Jan 30, 2019 3:58 pm

mazman wrote:
Seb85 wrote:Well done, good video.
I'm struggling to catch breams on lure/fly, and you're making it so easy. Any tips?
Usually I fish marybrnong river.
I don't fish the nong a great deal but at this time of year I would focus on fishing the edges around high tide with small hardbodies or soft plastics. Keep it slow, and give the fish plenty of time between twitches/lifts to commit to taking.
purple5ive wrote:Good stuff, they got you good on few occasions there. lucky it was the cheaper lures and not the crabs ;-)
somehow the patto has just never fished well for me :down:
That's part of the reason I'm running the crabs on a different rod, next session I might even bring back my bfs outfit for crabs
repspec wrote:with your surface lures, what sort of line are you using? I remember reading/watching something a while ago about using fluro only for surface?
If I'm going out and have one outfit that will only have surface lures fished on it I use a braid/mono leader setup. This is because mono floats and allows the lure to work more naturally after an extended pause. I have still used fluorocarbon leaders with surface lures but find some lures cope with it better than others (bent minnows and larger profile walkers) and stick to them and even then it is only because I intend to fish sinking lures or close to structure later and am looking for the extra abrasion resistance/sinking that fluoro provides.
Thanks mazman.
Usually I'm struggling to feel the bite, when I do, generally too late to strike.
I'll give nong a try with small fly/lure. 4lb fluorocarbon leader definitely.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Re: More patterson lakes breaming

Post by greggo » Wed Jan 30, 2019 6:06 pm

Great work again Alex, keep it up.

Return to “Bream Fishing”