Wanting to get started breaming

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Re: Wanting to get started breaming

Post by eddyt » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:22 pm

I think it really comes down to technique. But then when you think you've finally got it worked out, someone outfishes you and you're back to wondering if its your lure choice, technique, etc. Just like how micro vibes have worked wonders for me at lakes entrance vs blades.

You never know though, you just gotta get out there and try. What works for one person might not necessarily work for you.

With blades, I find they work better during colder months when the bream are holding deep. I cast out horizontally along the pier, let it sink to the bottom. Give it a lift, let it sit on the bottom. And when I say let it sit, I literally mean leave it there for a few seconds. Count to 5, then lift again and repeat. Most of the time you'll lift into weight and you're on. I also like to give it a gentle pull as its sinking, sometimes it gets the salmon and pinkies and you'll find they will catch your lure and your line will go slack before you're anywhere near the bottom.

jacob.s

Post by jacob.s » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:55 pm

sloth wrote:I'd recommend starting with a strike pro micro vibe and dropping it down the sides of the pylons. Most times it will get hit on the drop. If it gets to the bottom then a just a couple of gentle hops.
[youtube]yVbdFk9uM5M[/youtube]

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:40 am

I recommend you have a mental health professional on standby. Heavily fished city bream aren't stupid and you'll probably give up due to frustration before looking like catching one.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:19 am

Nah - I've been smashing them on blades recently. Had an 8 fish session recently and dropped a dozen...

Picked this one up this morning at docklands. Just got to pick your time and place ;)

But - if you're learning then yep it's a steep learning curve - took me close to a year to get to the point where I'm confident of consistently landing metro bream

They will test your patience and resolve but when it clicks it's all worth the pain :)

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”