Bizarre session ...

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Fishaholic101

Re: Bizarre session ...

Post by Fishaholic101 » Sat May 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Something I hear about all to often it's happened to a mate of mine as well, you gotta have drag on or gotta really secure the rods down with lock drag one of the other. Iv landed many big Jews in the docks and the yarra and I don't let them run at all. It's works every time but need a good Lbg game rod and strong line, that's all I can say. Good work on getting your rod back!!

bilby

Post by bilby » Mon May 18, 2015 5:53 pm

We like fishing fairly light, so have switched to bait runners now, which do the job well. No rods lost since that fateful day, with the added bonus of waiting for the scream of the baitrunner ... mind you, we're still losing fish on more trips than I would care to admit.

Peterando187

Post by Peterando187 » Thu May 21, 2015 4:20 pm

nice read mate

im new to fishing and go to the docklands abit but cant seem to catch much
can you help a brother out haha

bilby

Post by bilby » Thu May 21, 2015 5:46 pm

Ha. I think the best advice is to start out fishing light - and that means small hooks, too. Try size 8 - you may be surprised about what you can catch - bream and pinkies would be the obvious starting point, but I've certainly caught school mulloway with light bream gear before.

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Thu May 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Good story I reckon every angler would have a story of a rod and reel getting dragged in, its happened to me 3 times only once did I lose the outfit twice got it back at least I am in the positive.

Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Scraglor » Thu May 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Nude up wrote:Good story I reckon every angler would have a story of a rod and reel getting dragged in, its happened to me 3 times only once did I lose the outfit twice got it back at least I am in the positive.
touch wood, not yet!

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”