Good spots at the Maribyrnong River

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Flathhhhead

Good spots at the Maribyrnong River

Post by Flathhhhead » Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:59 pm

Can anyone give me some good spots around the Maribyrnong river, where the bream etc might be biting?

durasovic

Re: Good spots at the Maribyrnong River

Post by durasovic » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:12 pm

late reply, walk around from farnsworth ave down towards past footscray rd, look for the drains leading into the marby river thats where they like it, under bridges. worth walking there low tide and scopeing it out.

Flathhhhead

Post by Flathhhhead » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Thanks mate. Will check it out

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:48 pm

Bream have been caught @ the Anglers Tavern area of late , but the Yarra is fishing better than the Maribyrnong lately .

allan.s

Post by allan.s » Fri Apr 20, 2012 1:33 pm

fish at the drain near the essendon rowing club the angling club is next door,or try upstream from the tea gardens at avondale heights other than that join the footscray angling club for better spots :thumbsup: cheers allan

Flathhhhead

Post by Flathhhhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:09 pm

Thanks for tips lads, Ive got a week off soccer next week, so ill probably go down either sunday or monday on my RDO. My mate caught an 11kg carp about 3-4 weeks ago off Canning st in Avondale Heights there. Was massive.

fishsticks

Post by fishsticks » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:50 pm

dynon road is a ripper at times, try under the bridge with a few small lures and if your talented enough use a floating rig with a nice juicy worm or yabby and flick it into the eddy that swirls around behind the bridge pylons. have seen some of my mates land abosolut monsters doing that. also if your using some small lures just abit out from the right side of the bridge the rocks must be quite built up it looks calm and shallow but fish are always lurking there, it just depends how smart the fish are. I have had yabbie after yabbie get chewed in half in that position. sometimes within a few seconds of touching the water
In every species of fish I’ve angled for, it is the ones that have got away that thrill me the most, the ones that keep fresh in my memory. So I say it is good to lose fish. If we didn’t, much of the thrill of angling would be gone. –Ray Bergman

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”