Fishmagnet's Urban Fishing Thread

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Buckle&scream

Re: Fishmagnet's Urban Fishing Thread

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:15 pm

bilby wrote:Awesome catches! I saw a decent salmon caught from the Yarra recently - so you never know on the snook front. I once caught a red mullet from the Yarra, and used to get rock cod down at the warmies area and have spotted morwong there, so it has a pretty long species list for me. My outlier hoped for species list includes a gummy, ling and pike / snook. The most surprising fish I've hooked was a metre long 7 gill, which I dropped at the edge due to 10b leader.
Iv seen snook get caught in the Yarra so I know they are there, plenty of bait fish in there and structure for ambushing there prey so I'm not surprised, though winter there a lot of good size salmon in there as well, usually once the power station starts pumping they will start to congregate there and follow the warm currents up and down the system. Usually smaller models but so times they Are big ones.

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:20 pm

Lightningx wrote:That's a place I haven't tried for awhile. Might give it a go sometime soon. Luckily it's very local for me :)
Better hurry up mate there might not be none left soon :o_0: lol

fishmagnet

Post by fishmagnet » Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:30 am

Thanks fellas

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”