Seeking that work-life balance

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Seeking that work-life balance

Post by Lightningx » Sat Sep 17, 2016 10:15 am

smokin_reels wrote:One of the Rainbows from last evening. Going to make an effort to post more pictures.

[img]
Rainbow%20APL.jpg
[/img]
Nice one mate :thumbsup:

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:59 pm

Basti wrote:Well done on getting a few fish outta there man. From everything I have heard it's a tough fishery

Thank you so much! :)

It is a tough fishery and makes every fish rewarding. Given the species on offer and the proximity, it really is a mouth watering urban fishing prospect.
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:00 pm

Lightningx wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:One of the Rainbows from last evening. Going to make an effort to post more pictures.

[img]
Rainbow%20APL.jpg
[/img]
Nice one mate :thumbsup:

Thanks Buddy. :-D
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:11 pm

I had no intentions of fishing yesterday. That is untill a friend of mine sent me the picture below! He had even brought along a spare rod.
yb.jpg
A beautiful sight casted Golden Perch , that took a Zman Grubz presented to it .

I then did hurry over after work to join my buddy and had a fish less evening .
We did not have any other fish for the day , but it was nice to see that our efforts are headed in the right direction.
The trout did seem interested in surface lures at sunset.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:13 pm

That's a beauty mate. Good stuff :thumbsup:

Marty.A

Post by Marty.A » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:17 pm

That's an awesome fish :thumbsup: what are the crowds like there or more specifically the tourists as I have a mate who lives in Sth Melb might give it crack next time I'm over there.

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:26 pm

Walk around and careful while casting , easy to hook a jogger than a fish at that lake :)

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:39 am

I was out after work again last evening , focussed on my Yellow Belly hunt at Albert Park Lake . (props to the boss who asked me to scram at 5 PM).
It was a remarkable day , nice and warm. Very light breeze. No cloud cover.
Really is awesome just to be out and about on an evening like this after a long work week and catching a fish is often a bonus.

Couple of casts in I was playing around with the casting drag on the curado and had a birds nest, hadn't seen that particular variety of wildlife in a while. :rofl:
Quick Surgery, got rid of some braid and tied on my leader .

Thanks for the Lure recommendations Guys!
I was slow hopping my Kokoda Vibe (Black+Gold) from a deeper section over some structure and this beautiful fish smashed it on the drop.

Unknown.jpg

After a short fight I realised that I didn't have a landing net, I guess after a number of fishless trips I had really forgotten I needed one of those here :o_0:
The back trebles pinged off at my feet, fortunately the front trebles were pinned nice and firm.

My girlfriend helped take the photograph I wanted , with the city skyline in the background and we watched this little slab of gold swim back into the depths .

Happy days.

samjas1316
Has liked: 47 times

Post by samjas1316 » Sat Nov 12, 2016 7:21 am

Nice. We're yet to get an APL golden. It's on the to do list this summer.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:17 am

smokin_reels wrote:I was out after work again last evening , focussed on my Yellow Belly hunt at Albert Park Lake . (props to the boss who asked me to scram at 5 PM).
It was a remarkable day , nice and warm. Very light breeze. No cloud cover.
Really is awesome just to be out and about on an evening like this after a long work week and catching a fish is often a bonus.

Couple of casts in I was playing around with the casting drag on the curado and had a birds nest, hadn't seen that particular variety of wildlife in a while. :rofl:
Quick Surgery, got rid of some braid and tied on my leader .

Thanks for the Lure recommendations Guys!
I was slow hopping my Kokoda Vibe (Black+Gold) from a deeper section over some structure and this beautiful fish smashed it on the drop.

Unknown.jpg

After a short fight I realised that I didn't have a landing net, I guess after a number of fishless trips I had really forgotten I needed one of those here :o_0:
The back trebles pinged off at my feet, fortunately the front trebles were pinned nice and firm.

My girlfriend helped take the photograph I wanted , with the city skyline in the background and we watched this little slab of gold swim back into the depths .

Happy days.
Well done mate! Great fish :thumbsup:

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”