Seeking that work-life balance

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Re: Seeking that work-life balance

Post by Basti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:20 am

mate there's a joint in dandenong that sells cheap ass blades that vibe pretty well. jump on ebay and buy some stingers and retrofit to cheap blades. I own two zx blades and while they are sick, i'm not gonna buy any more. @ $16 each at the least for a snag magnet is ridic

smokin_reels
Has liked: 308 times

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:23 am

Completely agree with you
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Persistence
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Persistence » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:44 am

Would love to see one of those elusive Yellow Belly caught. I think they get to see quite a few lures.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:02 am

smokin_reels wrote:Spent an interesting evening at Albert Park Lake , yesterday.
I was using a mepps no 2 (Just waiting for the new lures to arrive), didnt have any hits , although I did have 1 follow, a smallish fish that came right up to my feet. So I am fishing the right place .

I fished well into dark , there were some insects being drawn in by the lights and falling into the lake. There were small swirls just past sunset.I switched to a smaller spinner and kept at it , using a match the hatch principal. Might have been the stocked EP or trout .

Really pleasant evening , watching the sunset and slowly looking at the lights take full effect across the road at MCG.

I did loose a spinner to a particular sunken tree that has in the past taken a spinnerbait and a daiwa crankbait as well. Surface lures only from now on in that zone.

My boss let me go 15 mins early so that I could get fishing :water:

Going to be an awesome summer! Hopefully the warmer weather gets the ball rolling . I have never caught a yellowbelly and having them in close proximity is making it easy to chase them .

Will glue the leads onto the kokodas and change the hooks/split rings.
Going to get some new ZX30 blades as well. Might just be a case of taking time and chucking the kitchen sink at them :)

Thanks for all the advice guys ! I shall keep fishing and post a picture when I do catch one . I have growing respect for native fish. I caught my first Murray cod and Macquarie Perch last summer. Cant wait to see what this fish looks like in close quarters!
:a_goodjob:
I was out giving it a go last night as well :P
It was a beautiful night ended up with 4 pinkies between 32-39.
I really should give that lake a go one day! I drive past it all the time.

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:58 am

Lightningx wrote:
smokin_reels wrote:Spent an interesting evening at Albert Park Lake , yesterday.
I was using a mepps no 2 (Just waiting for the new lures to arrive), didnt have any hits , although I did have 1 follow, a smallish fish that came right up to my feet. So I am fishing the right place .

I fished well into dark , there were some insects being drawn in by the lights and falling into the lake. There were small swirls just past sunset.I switched to a smaller spinner and kept at it , using a match the hatch principal. Might have been the stocked EP or trout .

Really pleasant evening , watching the sunset and slowly looking at the lights take full effect across the road at MCG.

I did loose a spinner to a particular sunken tree that has in the past taken a spinnerbait and a daiwa crankbait as well. Surface lures only from now on in that zone.

Going to be an awesome summer! Hopefully the warmer weather gets the ball rolling . I have never caught a yellowbelly and having them in close proximity is making it easy to chase them .

Going to get some new ZX30 blades as well. Might just be a case of taking time and chucking the kitchen sink at them :)

Thanks for all the advice guys ! I shall keep fishing and post a picture when I do catch one . I have growing respect for native fish. I caught my first Murray cod and Macquarie Perch last summer. Cant wait to see what this fish looks like in close quarters!

Please do hit me up if you plan to fish . We could do an evening session there. Im just across the road
There is always more to learn , fish to catch , places to see and friends to make.

Basti
Has liked: 15 times

Post by Basti » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:05 pm

i was planning on doing a daytrip out east somewhere chasing EP tomorrow but i've got to pick my brother up from the airport at 12.30 now. So i'm thinking a morning session at APL might be the go. anyone interested?

smokin_reels

Post by smokin_reels » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:01 pm

Nope mate, can't do mornings.
However, tuesday/thursday evenings next week would be ideal for me .

If you do go fishing , please do let me know how it was. Would help to have another angler's perspective.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:34 pm

smokin_reels wrote:
Lightningx wrote:

Please do hit me up if you plan to fish . We could do an evening session there. Im just across the road
No worries mate I'll keep that in mind! :)

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Post by purple5ive » Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:21 pm

Basti wrote:mate there's a joint in dandenong that sells cheap ass blades that vibe pretty well. jump on ebay and buy some stingers and retrofit to cheap blades. I own two zx blades and while they are sick, i'm not gonna buy any more. @ $16 each at the least for a snag magnet is ridic
where is this mob is dandenong mate, might go pickup a few .
if you can get to rays outdoors, their blades are being cleared at $2 atm. its a copy of the Ecogear blades, but im not sure wether they work as good.

sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Post by sloth » Wed Sep 07, 2016 6:32 pm

Yeah ... eBay blades and knock off zx assist hooks work fine. Blades are probably one of the lures where there isn't that much difference between the cheapies and the premium

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”