Kingfish Tips?

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Re: Kingfish Tips?

Post by Millzee » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:06 pm

bilby wrote:Will kingfish bite at night? I don't know much about them at all, really.
Not normally but I thought I'd give it a go being that it's so lite up at the docklands, they might see it and hit it??

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:12 pm

bilby wrote:Will kingfish bite at night? I don't know much about them at all, really.
Not normally

dezza68

Post by dezza68 » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:48 pm

Prawn under a small float works. Will be tough landing one there, so many pylons and things to snag on.

nooga27

Post by nooga27 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:20 am

Hey Tommy, was with the young lads that have been all over fb when they pulled up a couple last week.
Success has come from fresh squid under float/balloon but more so big unweighted soft plastics with no weight. Go see Chris at the Compleat Angler on flinders lane, he'll give you all the knowledge you need to know.

They've been seeing them from central pier (both sides), out front of edihad, most of the way up north Wharf and I assume pretty much everywhere around docklands. They are most deffinately around and happy to eat.

Look for tail swirls and small bust ups and that's where to cast. Also, a lot of the time they may be under you or in spots you don't think they'd be, so it helps to have a nice big placcy!

Be ready! Any cast you may get hit. Good luck!!!
Red sky at night, Fisherman's delight

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”