Fishing at coode island

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
BOB_

Fishing at coode island

Post by BOB_ » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:08 pm

Has anyone done some fishing from the little reserve at the end of coode island or know if it s legal to do see seems it would be a good spot to fish with the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers aswell as moonee ponds creek and the entrance to the bay all converging at that point :water:
Attachments
fishing@1x.jpg

Josho

Re: Fishing at coode island

Post by Josho » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:36 pm

BOB_ wrote:Has anyone done some fishing from the little reserve at the end of coode island or know if it s legal to do see seems it would be a good spot to fish with the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers aswell as moonee ponds creek and the entrance to the bay all converging at that point :water:
Looks an industrial area, might be hard to get into too, give it a crack. I live in the city and hate fishing round here haha.

BOB_

Post by BOB_ » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:38 pm

Josho wrote:
BOB_ wrote:Has anyone done some fishing from the little reserve at the end of coode island or know if it s legal to do see seems it would be a good spot to fish with the Yarra and Maribyrnong rivers aswell as moonee ponds creek and the entrance to the bay all converging at that point :water:
Looks an industrial area, might be hard to get into too, give it a crack. I live in the city and hate fishing round here haha.
it is an industrial area but there is (i believe ) free and open access to the little reserve at the end of the so called "island"

Josho

Post by Josho » Mon Jul 09, 2018 8:47 pm

BOB_ wrote:
Josho wrote:
it is an industrial area but there is (i believe ) free and open access to the little reserve at the end of the so called "island"
Its prob fenced off suss it out. Def a lot of spots around that area though.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:27 am

Used to fish there many years ago but it was closed off to public not sure if its been opened up again, was a great spot for bream trevally and the occasional snapper back in the 80s

ante552

Post by ante552 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:51 am

You might be lucky to catch 3 eyed fish there.

That place is where the refineries caught fire around the 90's, most likely its contaminated.
Be careful.

Josho

Post by Josho » Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:33 pm

ante552 wrote:You might be lucky to catch 3 eyed fish there.

That place is where the refineries caught fire around the 90's, most likely its contaminated.
Be careful.
Thats right i remember that

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”