The Warmies

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Re: The Warmies

Post by fishingvic » Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:57 pm

Fish-cador wrote:went there today until 6PM to spin for tailor. It was freezing cold. First time this year. No hits. The power station was not running.

There were only about 10 of us there. No fish except for the occasional toadies and small mullets. Spoke to a couple of guys and they told me the tailor dont show up even when the station is running.
I think they arrive closer to August
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:05 am

Back in the early to late 80's i fished the hotties alot , it was always the same old small band of fishermen down there & we all guarded the place's identity . the fishing was back then awesome , big bream , tailor , trevally , mullet & even the odd mulloway & snapper . when the warm water wasnt running you will still catch fish , in the late 80's more & more ppl found out about this spot & it got crowded ; but the fishing was still good .
There was a bloke "Dave" who would park is white old toyota van next to the cage & sell bass yabbie's while he fished , it was almost # 1 live yabbie one bream ratio & theres was no bag limit or licence required "so cricket score catches werent uncommon :fishing: .
The hotties still produces good fishing @ times , but nothing like the early days i used to fish there , times are changing . :)

troutman

Post by troutman » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:28 pm

relax i reckon , :sleepy1: they might have been trying to turn you off the place , :down: or maybe just like my weekend , the fish were turned off inland as well due to the fantastic cold windy conditions :wall:

vinhii

Post by vinhii » Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:19 am

just imagine guys.... If everyone in the world didnt catch fish for a year! a whole entire year! i wonder how much sea life there would be! :O
PLENTY!! of FISH!! in the SEA!! but so little TIME!!!

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:36 am

MIKER wrote:Back in the early to late 80's i fished the hotties alot , it was always the same old small band of fishermen down there & we all guarded the place's identity . the fishing was back then awesome , big bream , tailor , trevally , mullet & even the odd mulloway & snapper . when the warm water wasnt running you will still catch fish , in the late 80's more & more ppl found out about this spot & it got crowded ; but the fishing was still good .
There was a bloke "Dave" who would park is white old toyota van next to the cage & sell bass yabbie's while he fished , it was almost # 1 live yabbie one bream ratio & theres was no bag limit or licence required "so cricket score catches werent uncommon :fishing: .
The hotties still produces good fishing @ times , but nothing like the early days i used to fish there , times are changing . :)

It is possible that the early days where 'cricket scores' of catches were made, is one of contributing factors to the current fishing issues.

If people do not abide by todays bag limits, then it is possible that in the future fishing stocks will fall and as a result the catch rate will fall.

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Powerstation Running these days, lots of poeple there lots of the time. Salmon and Mullet seem to be the most common in the cold weather, with the odd Snapper and Mulloway to be had at night.........Forget the elusive Mulloway, but what about the elusive Tailors ??? 2012 and still no Tailor reports.....

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:44 pm

^^
Dont forget to bring a pair of boxing gloves :Boxing: with you to the "Hottie's" , they may be needed .

Andoki

Post by Andoki » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:54 pm

:) agree with you Miker, you maybe need more than boxing gloves over there LOL

Flathhhhead

Post by Flathhhhead » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Is the pump still on? Might go down next week.

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:38 pm

Yes but on and off. About 3 week now. Alot of people there these days. Alot of medium salmon, but no Tailor. Mullet and Flatties around as well. Mulloway by night.

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”