Maribyrnong river fishing 2013 update.

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Fish-Hunter

Re: Maribyrnong river fishing 2013 update.

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:49 pm

Blackfj wrote:Used scrub worm, but I prefer tube worm I've had good success using them. My PB is 41cm at the nong.
Honestly thats a great Bream , it be approx 25yrs old . My best in the Maribyrnong is 43cm & they are far & few between , i noticed that once they reach 39cm it takes them forever to grow even one more centimeter . I been fishing the Maribyrnong & Yarra rivers for 30+ yrs now , started in 1983 . ;)

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:52 pm

Salmon wrote:Pity that you would never eat anything from the Marby. Seem to have good fish in there.
With the amount of pollution that been dumped in that river over the last 100yrs , i wouldnt be eating the Bream out of the Maribyrnong river or Yarra unless your pantry is empty & your starving .

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:41 pm

Going to take the kids there for fish an hour or two ..... since I promised to take them fishing........ Going to try Edge water, where there is some playground. If you see me with two young kids (a 8 yrs girl and a 2 yrs boy) , come and say hi

nismo9

Post by nismo9 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:07 pm

I have lived in Sunshine all my life and have just recently moved in to a new house down by the river near the chinese temple.

Has anyone fished the river north of Solomon's Ford towards Brimbank park? I'd expect there to be quite a few carp but unsure if anyother species would there.

CrazyChenski

Post by CrazyChenski » Wed Mar 27, 2013 3:57 pm

Some steep slope there...

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”