Maribyrnong Report

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Fish-Hunter

Re: Maribyrnong Report

Post by Fish-Hunter » Thu Mar 07, 2013 9:30 pm

Just keep casting your soft plastics , Bream pro's use soft plastics . I reackon after alot of casting & retrieving your SP's you will get results . :)

Youngchef90

Post by Youngchef90 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:22 pm

What type of soft plastics do u recommend and do you always go the twitch method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Youngchef90 wrote:What type of soft plastics do u recommend and do you always go the twitch method

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I dont often fish plastics , but anglers do with very good results . Try match the hatch , good luck :)

snapperslayer

Post by snapperslayer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:21 pm

[quote="Youngchef90"]What type of soft plastics do u recommend and do you always go the twitch method

Hey mate,

Bream is a bit hard to entice especially when you are starting out on sps. Once you get a few flatties and sambos on sps you will get a lot comfortable.

For bream
Squidy Wriggler in 80mm is a killer. I would use 1/64 - 1/12oz jighead if the current is strong. You would have to try a lot of different retrieves as there is none which will work every time. I use 4lb leader with 4lb braid to chase them, sometime up size my leader to 6lb where it is needed. You could also use gulp minnow in 3inch, crabby/ atomic prongs, miki monsters, turtleback, damiki 2.5"grubs e.t.c
When they are super finicky, it is a good idea to use HWS jigheads which help in tough situations.

For me personally, I would get a decent sp combo to be able to cast light jigheads with very light lines, and be able to detect those timid bites. Buy the best you can afford. 15lb line for sps even in a bay is overkill imo. Drop it down to 4 or 6lb and you will cast a lot further and you will feel the slightest bites.

hope it helps

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:55 pm

Does anyone fish there on bait? Results? I was just a bit further up the road tonight and got nothing, tones of bait fish having a feast on my bait tho. The bloke near me got asmall mullet using a big chunk of whiting as bait guess he was going for something bigger

Fishsniper

Post by Fishsniper » Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:59 pm

See my Maribrnong report, I was using live freshwater yabbies and caught 8 bream

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:01 pm

Fishsnipper wrote:See my Maribrnong report, I was using live freshwater yabbies and caught 8 bream
Good bait fresh water Yabbies , also live bass Yabbies are very good bait for Bream .

bigwatkins

Post by bigwatkins » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:34 pm

Ok. Ive never used yabbies for bait do you use them alive?? If so how do you put them on a hook?? Thanks

Fish-Hunter

Post by Fish-Hunter » Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:42 pm

bigwatkins wrote:Ok. Ive never used yabbies for bait do you use them alive?? If so how do you put them on a hook?? Thanks
Yes mate , use them live . just thread them onto the hook tail first & have the hook exit just before the main body of the yabbie .

Dan01

Post by Dan01 » Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:45 pm

Is it good fishing there at night
Toxic spinnerbaits

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”