Mulloway

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: Mulloway

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:07 pm

still a Jewel from a Jewie.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

nickb123

Post by nickb123 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:29 am

tinyballerina wrote:Be keen to hear how you go and how you went about it Nick. I've tried and failed over the years, but others do well at it.

Seems to me that livies account for most of the captures, but a bit to be said about the smell coming off a fresh mullet fillet drifting down the trail. The bigger paddle tailed sp's have a good rep of late too.

Good luck.
we did hook up to one but after a quick run it spat the hook, we were using soft plastics and had liveys on hand just incase but all we could manage to catch for liveys was salmon and no mullet slowly figuring them out lol
Cheers Nick

tinyballerina

Post by tinyballerina » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:27 pm

Salmon make a great livey too. They stay kicking for yonks. Know blokes that swear by them for jewies.

Good you got a bit of interest though. Better return than I got. Some big snapper were a nice bycatch and they are definitely on the cards down there, but when you got your mind set on one thing and one thing only......

Better luck next time.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:21 pm

tinyballerina wrote:Salmon make a great livey too. They stay kicking for yonks. Know blokes that swear by them for jewies.
They are the bomb livey for Jewies. Just dont let fisheries catch you with undersize Salmon.

nickb123

Post by nickb123 » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:55 am

greggo wrote:
tinyballerina wrote:Salmon make a great livey too. They stay kicking for yonks. Know blokes that swear by them for jewies.
They are the bomb livey for Jewies. Just dont let fisheries catch you with undersize Salmon.
lol the only size we caught were 25-30cm ones they stayed kicking in the live bait tank for 3 or 4 days untill they were made into bait
Cheers Nick

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”