inlet river near Docklands

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
arabshark

inlet river near Docklands

Post by arabshark » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 pm

I decided to hit up the small inlet river at the end of Docklands Drive (near the Cavalia circus) from around 1pm - 3pm. I got a massive bite (probably a good size bream) at around 2pm but was busy rigging another line before the fish spat the hook. I've seen some other people fishing and just wanted to know if anyone else has had a crack. I was using live freshwater yabbies. I also need some tips on catching my own yabbies. Any spots near Eltham? Also what methods prove best for catching them?
Cheers :cold:

complete-anglerz-12

Re: inlet river near Docklands

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:16 pm

i used freash water yabbies in the docklands before for my p.b bream 37 cm. i like them for bait they just dont last long .
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

5ubzero

Post by 5ubzero » Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:51 pm

arabshark wrote:I decided to hit up the small inlet river at the end of Docklands Drive (near the Cavalia circus) from around 1pm - 3pm. I got a massive bite (probably a good size bream) at around 2pm but was busy rigging another line before the fish spat the hook. I've seen some other people fishing and just wanted to know if anyone else has had a crack. I was using live freshwater yabbies. I also need some tips on catching my own yabbies. Any spots near Eltham? Also what methods prove best for catching them?
Cheers :cold:
where u buy yabbies? cant find any this time of year.

Krisstiglic

Post by Krisstiglic » Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:18 pm

Warmer months are better but if you try now lots of bait and leaving your nets in for a few days is probably the go

Growlermz

Post by Growlermz » Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:37 am

head out toward Kangaroo Ground area, many people have dams out there that contain yabbies, you just need to ask the property owner before dropping your nets, from what I have heard most people don't seem to mind, I have been meaning to head out toward yarrambat for a while to do the same thing, just a little closer for me

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”