Coburg Lake

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
gecko61

Coburg Lake

Post by gecko61 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:11 pm

Hi all just spent a couple of hours fishing the lake with the wife. got some solid bites but didnt manage to hook up .. seen some huge carp jumping out the water too. cheers

Master-Baiter91

Re: Coburg Lake

Post by Master-Baiter91 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:18 pm

just a question...why do you fish in coburg lake when all you can catch is carp? its the same as edwards lake. carp are decent garden fertilizer but thats it!
A bad day fishing's better than a good days work

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:30 pm

Not so - a big carp on light tackle can be fun - and each one caught is one less in the system.
There is nothing wrong with a good session chasing carp for a change.

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:52 pm

dam right it is fun try edwards lake always get 1 their on dough
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

CanuckDownUnder

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:56 pm

ha! I live in Coburg but I never would have imagined that lake even held Carp...they can be fun, I wouldn't consider them a real fighting fish (relative to other species) but they can be a good go.

The plus side is, any wife/girlfriend will be happy to sit by Coburg Lake and read a book, play on their phone, etc...getting them to sit on rocks by the ocean with a strong wind blowing is not so easy.
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

gecko61

Post by gecko61 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:59 pm

five minutes from home and a good chance for the misses and i to catch up and chill for awhile. very relaxing

Master-Baiter91

Post by Master-Baiter91 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:02 pm

complete-anglerz-12 wrote:dam right it is fun try edwards lake always get 1 their on dough
whilst walking the edwards lake track i noticed about 40 carp in a pile in the bushes....the smell was that disturbing i almost spewed my guts up!
A bad day fishing's better than a good days work

CanuckDownUnder

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:13 pm

Master-Baiter91 wrote:
complete-anglerz-12 wrote:dam right it is fun try edwards lake always get 1 their on dough
whilst walking the edwards lake track i noticed about 40 carp in a pile in the bushes....the smell was that disturbing i almost spewed my guts up!
I support pulling Carp out of water where they are detrimental to other fish, but it's pretty awful for someone to leave them in the bushes near the track.
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

Fishbref
Has liked: 41 times

Post by Fishbref » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:18 pm

Master-Baiter91 wrote:
Funny you should say that. I recently saw a couple of blokes pull out no less than 50 (north end, opposite the stage), good size fish too, and I thought to myself how the hell will they get them out of the park and where will they dump them... :down:
Last edited by Fishbref on Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChrisD
Has liked: 24 times

Post by ChrisD » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:19 pm

Yes some people just don't think. In public parks, well anywhere really, you have to give some thought to getting rid of them responsibly. If your putting in the effort to catch them it does not take much more effort to get rid of them correctly. I find mine come home and get "planted" in the garden, nice and deep - well they are good fertilizer :).

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”