Docklands

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
sloth
Has liked: 6 times

Re: Docklands

Post by sloth » Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:17 am

Yeah I've had a few boaties say g'day and a bit of a chat when I'm on their pontoon. I don't fish within their mooring lines though so usually not too close to them. I have however seen line and hooks hanging off mooring lines and boats ... more so at north wharf than my usual spot. There's an old sail ship up there which has a hook still baited with prawn hanging off the front of it. Can understand why some owners get irked...

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:28 pm

vxcalais wrote: Ohh so thats you !!! Good stuff ! I regularly fish in that area. I hooked my last Jewie in that spot as well, around 70cm but couldn't lift him out. Hooked him on cheap 7/11 baby squid.
That used to be really productive there for Jewies. The good thing about that spot is, you can walk your fish around to the floating pontoon to land it. Good spot for catching live bait there as well.

Cheers, Greggo.

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:52 pm

sloth wrote:Yeah I've had a few boaties say g'day and a bit of a chat when I'm on their pontoon. I don't fish within their mooring lines though so usually not too close to them. I have however seen line and hooks hanging off mooring lines and boats ... more so at north wharf than my usual spot. There's an old sail ship up there which has a hook still baited with prawn hanging off the front of it. Can understand why some owners get irked...

Went there today, and the signs read no more fishing off the boat pontoon or as you said next to Vessels. One of the regualr baitos caught around 10 including a 39er in his eskie. He noted the Bream were about 5m back in under the Wharfe and sitting on the bottom. I coudnt see any on the pontoons so they out of reach at the moment.

I noticed so many bait fish, never seen so many. Also noted it in the Maribyrnong, and the result was I caught a Juvenile Tailor fish in the Maribyrnong up past Footscray. Southerly winds and massive amounts of bait fish can only mean good things over the coming weeks. The Bream will be full, but Pinkies and Tailor are on the cards. Could be why the Bream are sitting back.

sloth

Post by sloth » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:09 pm

Just Walking back to the office after having N wharf to myself this lunchtime. Even though most lunchtime sessions are a fail I thought I'd chance it, since it's the top third of the incoming tide. Old lure, new owner st36 hooks (didn't debarb this time) meant a landed bream ... Just shy of legal. Old faithful strike pro micro vibe in JU15TL.

Order is restored to my universe.

Last edited by sloth on Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

snapperslayer

Post by snapperslayer » Mon Dec 16, 2013 12:15 pm

sloth wrote:Just Walking back from having N wharf to myself this lunchtime.even though most lunchtime seshes are a fail I Thought I'd chance it since it's the top third of the incoming tide. Old lure, new owner st36 hooks (didn't debarb this time) meant a landed bream ... Just shy of legal.

Order is restored to my universe.

Good on you mate.

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:27 pm

pull that tail a little bit and it's legal :)

nice fish!

vxcalais
Has liked: 3 times

Post by vxcalais » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:48 pm

Yeah as eddyt said, when you measure them you need to push the top tail tip and make it horizontal. So thats tip length which would make it around 29cm, or you can measure to the fork which which makes it just over 25cm.

sloth

Post by sloth » Tue Jan 21, 2014 10:44 am

Nice session this morning. Christened the pflueger rod, first session with multiple hookups. Happy times.

ian_underthesea

Post by ian_underthesea » Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:46 am

Nice one Sloth! How are you finding the Pflueger rod and which one is it, 1 - 3 or 2 - 4?

Fishing Victoria Species Comp x cm

sloth

Post by sloth » Tue Jan 21, 2014 12:07 pm

ian_underthesea wrote:Nice one Sloth! How are you finding the Pflueger rod and which one is it, 1 - 3 or 2 - 4?
It's the 7' 2-4kg 2 piece. Really happy with it for 90 bucks on special. Great for flicking light lures and sp's. As a docks rod a bit more grunt would be nice though - still, does the job though. I'd like to get a pinster II for the docks and keep the trion for more open estuary/river work. But overall I'd recommend it as a nice starter rod and for value for money.

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”