Docklands

Docklands, Southbank, Yarra River Area, The Warmies, Newport, Maribyrnong River
barwonboy

Re: Docklands

Post by barwonboy » Sat May 12, 2018 6:12 pm

went down to docklands today and caught 11 bream, ranging from 10cm to 25cm, used chicken on a running sinker rig

Josho

Post by Josho » Mon May 28, 2018 5:45 pm

Hey does anyone know if theres been Salmon coming into Doclands?

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Mon May 28, 2018 6:37 pm

Not consistently yet but they usually start showing up mid June

sturgeon
Has liked: 14 times

Post by sturgeon » Mon May 28, 2018 6:50 pm

Was there on Sunday from about 1-5 pm. Using a Z-man Curlyz tail 4 inch. No bream, no snapper, nothing. No bites.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon May 28, 2018 7:31 pm

Sounds like the fish have moved on...

Josho

Post by Josho » Mon May 28, 2018 7:34 pm

Snapper prob got fished out. Prob should just go suss out for myself.

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Tue May 29, 2018 9:47 am

The Snapper are still there.

I fished it last Sunday (27th) from the kayak, two of us caught and released at least 20 Snapper each in about 3 hours. There's some huge fish in amongst them, the biggest would have been around 70cm. They were moving around a lot, plenty of large and small schools on the sounder.

For landbased fishos I think it would be a matter of moving around a lot and chucking out really long casts. The fish weren't hanging around structure, they were schooling mid-water (2-3m) in 7-10 meters of water. Not one fish was taken off the bottom, all were taken working the lures through the 2-3 metre depth.

I started with small paddletail plastics, but no joy. Changed to curtail grubs on a 1/12th jighead and bang, that was what they wanted!

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Tue May 29, 2018 9:54 am

That’s good to hear.
Thanks for the update mate :thumbsup:

Josho

Post by Josho » Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 am

greggo wrote:The Snapper are still there.

I fished it last Sunday (27th) from the kayak, two of us caught and released at least 20 Snapper each in about 3 hours. There's some huge fish in amongst them, the biggest would have been around 70cm. They were moving around a lot, plenty of large and small schools on the sounder.

For landbased fishos I think it would be a matter of moving around a lot and chucking out really long casts. The fish weren't hanging around structure, they were schooling mid-water (2-3m) in 7-10 meters of water. Not one fish was taken off the bottom, all were taken working the lures through the 2-3 metre depth.

I started with small paddletail plastics, but no joy. Changed to curtail grubs on a 1/12th jighead and bang, that was what they wanted!
Thats sick. When i was there a few weeks back they were all around the pylons, maybe they saw a few of their mates get nabbed and thought theyd head for deeper water haha

Josho

Post by Josho » Tue May 29, 2018 11:57 am

greggo wrote:The Snapper are still there.

Thats sick. When i was there a few weeks back they were all around the pylons, maybe they saw a few of their mates get nabbed and thought theyd head for deeper water haha

Return to “Melbourne CBD & Docklands area”