werribee breakwall 13/2/14

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
shazzagraz

Re: werribee breakwall 13/2/14

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:13 pm

gregmaka wrote:Im not sure if you are able to fish off the break wall at the moment.I usually drive past every Sunday to have a look.
You're probably not supposed to go on the break wall, but you can park in the gravel carpark to the right of the break wall and at the end of the temporary cyclone fence you can walk through the bushes, down onto the rocks then walk down onto the beach. A short walk along the beach and you're at the start of the breakwall. Quite a few people fish there and I haven't heard any reports of anybody getting in trouble for being on there.

Not sure if they'd let you get on there during the day though, as it's a construction site and they'd be doing work. I've only ever fished there at night.

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:20 pm

souts wrote:heading to my mums who lives 10 mins from hear n goin to try for gummy or snapper, can I catch squid off here or even salmon this time of yr? and is there snapper round this side of bay yey?
Haven't heard of squid being caught land based in the area, but they definitely do get caught from boats out that way. It wouldn't hurt to try I guess.
I've caught gummies there last summer so you're definitely in with a chance of one, although all of mine have been undersize.
I've caught a pinkie off the wall as well, but that was last summer as well, don't know if there's any in the area at the moment.
When I was walking along the break wall on Friday night I could see a massive flock of birds near the end of the wall, I got excited thinking there might be a school of salmon there to keep me entertained. By the time I got there though to birds were a good 200m away and slowly moving further away. If it was a school of salmon, the birds were following them. So although I've never caught salmon there, it's entirely possible that they could be around, it's just a matter of luck whether you're there when they are or not.

souts

Post by souts » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:07 am

Thanks guys let u know how I went

TONKA

Post by TONKA » Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:20 am

i had a fish there last weekend for the first time since last summer. got nothing and no one else seemed to be catching. like any spot you just need to put in the time and effort

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”