RAAF Jetty...Not for the public

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Russ

Re: RAAF Jetty...Not for the public

Post by Russ » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:28 pm

hornet wrote:
Russ wrote:
hornet wrote:
Russ wrote:As I advised in the other recent thread about this - "don't hold your breath ........... it won't happen.

Believe me or not ......... it matters nought but seriously ...... the Victorian State Premier (Daniel Andrews) has the ability (or the incentive for that matter) to overrule the Australian Defence Force? C'mon hornet ....... you're killing me".

ps ........ A "hornet" should know more about the workings of a RAAF base. ;-)

Is it not the state Government and it's planning departments in consultation with the Federal Government decide where defense facility's are situated on state territory ?

And did he not scrap all previous major Victorian projects that were signed, sealed and supposedly a done deal ?

I think you'll find many things can be changed by the state Government if the will is there.
1. I've no knowledge of the planning processes and/or collaboration practices that take place between Federal and State authorities when it comes to the location of new/future defence facilities Hornet. I fail to see the relevance old chap ......... RAAF Williams (both Point Cook and Laverton) are existing ADF facilities and as such are gazetted Commonwealth land.

2. I've no idea what he scrapped (or retained) other than (what I think was referred to as) the East West link. Again, I fail to see the relevance.

3. Perhaps surprisingly to you - I had a fair idea of that already, however, in this particular situation, Daniel Andrews has no jurisdiction.

Cheers,
There are basically two types of people, the ones that have a go, and the ones that watch those that have a go, I commend Texas for having a go and representing us, your entitled to your opinion Russ, I've said what I think.
Hornet, this is not about Texas and "having a go". I have no issue with Texas (or with you for that matter).
You're right about one thing though. There are two types of people; those that believe there are two types of people .... and those that don't. :cheers:

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:46 am

The defense force is a federal department. The state government can lobby for changes but if the defense minister doesn't agree it will come to nothing. In this age of post 9/11 paranoia I can't see the ADF giving up land or infrastructure simply for a bunch of fishermen.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:55 am

4liters wrote:The defense force is a federal department. The state government can lobby for changes but if the defense minister doesn't agree it will come to nothing. In this age of post 9/11 paranoia I can't see the ADF giving up land or infrastructure simply for a bunch of fishermen.
Spot on

Gra

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:54 pm

As others mentioned Texas, thanks for your effort!
Texas wrote:......................................................................
The peak fishing body that represents all fishers, are yet to respond..
Gra
Guessing they still haven't responded?
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:10 am

Rod Bender wrote:As others mentioned Texas, thanks for your effort!
Texas wrote:......................................................................
The peak fishing body that represents all fishers, are yet to respond..
Gra
Guessing they still haven't responded?
cheers
Jim

That's correct Jim

drew 2

Post by drew 2 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:07 pm

I doubt they will texas,they have bigger fish to fry on our behalf.

The latest being, according to september's fish-e-news,getting opera house nets banned from being used in private farm dam's.I'm sure my farming family & friends,many of them fisho's, will appreciate vr fish's input into what they can and cant do on their own land.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:14 pm

Yeah, I don't like those things but banning them on private land seems excessive. If someone wants kill all the yabbies in their dam then that's their privilege I guess.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Post by Nude up » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:05 pm

Vr fish a pseudo government dept concentrating on the important things that vic fishing people want (not)

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:31 pm

Thought I'd follow up On Texas and have a go at the RAAF pier issue, I'll post the response from the minister if I get one...

Confirmation of my contact with the department.... at least they confirmed they received my email.

Thank you for taking the time to write to the Premier of Victoria.

Your correspondence has been referred to the acting Minister for Environment, Climate Change and Water, the Hon Lisa Neville MP, for a direct response.

Yours sincerely
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”