Netters at it again

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Buckle&scream

Re: Netters at it again

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:26 pm

bowl wrote:If your could get a g.p.s of exactly where they netted, now that would be handy before heading out for a fish on the bay
No need for g.p.s marks can just tell you were they been from point to point. But not openly on a thread anymore happy to inform people through private msgs. 2022 I believe is the final year for them still a while to go. And there rapeing it twice as hard as before.

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:37 pm

Rapeing really needed, half netters be gone by march this,year.
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:03 pm

At least half gone os a start
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

hornet
Has liked: 123 times

Post by hornet » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:09 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:
bowl wrote:If your could get a g.p.s of exactly where they netted, now that would be handy before heading out for a fish on the bay
No need for g.p.s marks can just tell you were they been from point to point. But not openly on a thread anymore happy to inform people through private msgs. 2022 I believe is the final year for them still a while to go. And there rapeing it twice as hard as before.

The way the payout is structured is first in best dressed, there is a total amount allocated for the payout but not divided equally, it's worked out on who puts in for it first and percentage wise for the stragglers.. the longer you wait behind the others the less you get... it's in their interest to get in quick ! This is the way I understand it.

( I wonder if there is anyway to access / find out how many take up the offer on a monthly or weekly basis ? )
He who has the most fishing rods WINS ! :ts:

Tackleberry
Has liked: 300 times

Post by Tackleberry » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:11 pm

funy how i grew up in paynesville in the 70s and 80s and never seen a algal bloom and fishing was grate

with very basic equipment and all .

and now my cousin is they only netter left in paynesville and i think there is only around 10 or so netters

left in the gippy lakes and there used to be more than 40 , but now the fishing is nothing like the OLD days

i wonder if it has anything to go with the cormorant plague and the very much increased vegie and chemical

production and use in the lindenow flats .

i know you are talking about the bay but there is always more to the problems of fish stock's than pro fisho's .

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:24 pm

Tackleberry wrote:funy how i grew up in paynesville in the 70s and 80s and never seen a algal bloom and fishing was grate

with very basic equipment and all .

and now my cousin is they only netter left in paynesville and i think there is only around 10 or so netters

left in the gippy lakes and there used to be more than 40 , but now the fishing is nothing like the OLD days

i wonder if it has anything to go with the cormorant plague and the very much increased vegie and chemical

production and use in the lindenow flats .

i know you are talking about the bay but there is always more to the problems of fish stock's than pro fisho's .
Agricultural run-off, commercial and recreational fishing, boat traffic, seabed works like dredging, coastal development etc would all impact the fishing in some way or another.

Westernport is an example, fertilizer runoff caused an increase in the amount of algae growing on the seagrass leaves which reduced the amount of sunlight the seagrass was receiving and weakened it. Some fish can still thrive on the now bare mudflats but seagrass can support far more fish.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:21 pm

bowl wrote:Rapeing really needed, half netters be gone by march this,year.
If that's the case then it's fine they can rape it all they want, but I don't think they will be leaveing that soon but if they are that bloody great.

Buckle&scream

Post by Buckle&scream » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:26 pm

hornet wrote:
Buckle&scream wrote:

The way the payout is structured is first in best dressed, there is a total amount allocated for the payout but not divided equally, it's worked out on who puts in for it first and percentage wise for the stragglers.. the longer you wait behind the others the less you get... it's in their interest to get in quick ! This is the way I understand it.

( I wonder if there is anyway to access / find out how many take up the offer on a monthly or weekly basis ? )
Yeah I'm aware of that structure but I also heared a lot Of them are not taken up the offer and are really stretching it out. These guys don't have a quatar on there fish catches they can take as much as they want as many times a day as they please. Be great to get facts on who's leaveing and when!

Brett
Has liked: 138 times

Post by Brett » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Buckle&scream wrote:
Yeah I'm aware of that structure but I also heared a lot Of them are not taken up the offer and are really stretching it out. These guys don't have a quatar on there fish catches they can take as much as they want as many times a day as they please. Be great to get facts on who's leaveing and when!

Have you been out and done their job? It's not as easy as everyone makes out. Certainly not a take as much, whenever you want scenario.

I'd be more worried about all these charter business's, 120 KGW a trip, between 2 and 4 trips a day. That's a f'n lot of fish.

Tackleberry
Has liked: 300 times

Post by Tackleberry » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:38 pm

personally i think the payout sucks if i was a pro i would want the same money that i made on average in the last 5 years

for every year (with cpi increases) i had until i was 65

and brett yes i have and you are right

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”