Beach fishing between Williamstown and Werribee South

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Darkhorse

Beach fishing between Williamstown and Werribee South

Post by Darkhorse » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:47 am

Gday all,
After a successful first surf fishing trip out at Bancoora last week I can say I'm hooked.
I'm looking at a beach i can Fish maybe once or twice a week after work between Williamstown and Werribee South. Not interested in fishing the piers or rock walls. I'm thinking Cambells Cove may be an option. Can anyone shed some light on the beaches to fish between Willy and Werribee South. I know it may be slim pickings but just wanting to get out more and learn the sport. Any information will be greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Darkhorse on Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

johnnycjay
Has liked: 1 time

Re: Beach fishing between Williamstown and Werribee South

Post by johnnycjay » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:52 am

You'll definitely catch something at Campbells cove but it won't be a :fish22:

munroe

Post by munroe » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:19 pm

One thing with the beaches on the west side is that they are shallow flats within casting distance. Cambell's is ranging between 1- 2 meters for some 200-300 meters before it starts to drop off.Even the channel at the W'bee River Mouth is only 2 meters at it's deepest. Saying this, there are some gutters where you'll pick up a gummy during the night on a high tide. Google map is your friend. I used to wade out on an incoming tide just adjacent to the new marina wall and flick plastics for Flathead with success until the Wall had changed (destroyed) the weed beds and little gutters where fish held up.

Josho

Post by Josho » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:32 pm

johnnycjay wrote:You'll definitely catch something at Campbells cove but it won't be a :fish22:
I went for a look at campbells cove last year, my missus waited in the car while i walk down sussing spots to fish later on.
Yep alot of suss mother *******, dudes just sitting in cars by themselves, had an eary feel about the place, i got out quick smart and i aint going back.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:40 pm

Josho wrote:
johnnycjay wrote:You'll definitely catch something at Campbells cove but it won't be a :fish22:
I went for a look at campbells cove last year, my missus waited in the car while i walk down sussing spots to fish later on.
Yep alot of suss mother *******, dudes just sitting in cars by themselves, had an eary feel about the place, i got out quick smart and i aint going back.
Sounds a bit like web dock mate :rofl:

Josho

Post by Josho » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:10 pm

Lightningx wrote:
Josho wrote:
Sounds a bit like web dock mate :rofl:

Have to carry a gaff at every location by the sounds of things

Texas
Has liked: 221 times

Post by Texas » Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:51 pm

As Munroe said
At low tide you can easily walk out to the drop off
I'm always "gunna" fish it a night on high tide
Cheers Gra

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Beach fishing betweetn Williamstown and Werribee South

Post by bowl » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:36 pm

Willy breakwall for squid n reds....caught squid of first breakwall closest to Campbell's cove..

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”