Werribee South Boat ramp - FREE

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Nude up
Has liked: 333 times

Re: Werribee South Boat ramp - FREE

Post by Nude up » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:52 am

Maybe Victoria should follow NSW they don’t charge at boat ramps because of the money brought into their local area the old adage build it and they will come.

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:54 am

KeenAds wrote:St Helens in Geelong is $5 and that goes towards the coast guard which is reasonable. Or do like Nude Up suggested go down bellarine more better fishing grounds there anyway.
I haven’t launched at St. Helens for a while do they have a machine or is it only when the coastguard is present mostly weekends

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:28 pm

Nude up wrote:Maybe Victoria should follow NSW they don’t charge at boat ramps because of the money brought into their local area the old adage build it and they will come.
What you honestly think Melbourne's local councils will get their nose out of the trough? You're kidding yourself. Biggest bunch of egotistical wankers around.

More than double the money from regos etc. that by legislation can only be used on boating infrastructure and expenditure gets unused annually. More than enough to account for what little is spent by greedy, grovelling councils currently on supposed maintainance....

KeenAds
Has liked: 23 times

Post by KeenAds » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:20 pm

Nude up wrote:
KeenAds wrote:St Helens in Geelong is $5 and that goes towards the coast guard which is reasonable. Or do like Nude Up suggested go down bellarine more better fishing grounds there anyway.
I haven’t launched at St. Helens for a while do they have a machine or is it only when the coastguard is present mostly weekends
Haven't been out from there for a while either but there was no machine just coast guard staff. If there not there in the morning when you go out you just fix them up when you get back and if there not there then so be it. Limburners point just up the road is free I think and its a pretty goid ramp also.

Blue
Has liked: 35 times

Post by Blue » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:26 pm

An annual pass at all Mornington Peninsula ramps is $130 unlimited use for ratepayers so it doesn,t take many trips before you are in front. Throw all your 50 cent pieces in a drawer over the year and renew each September, makes it easy.
This supports the suggestion that Parks Victoria control ALL ramps but as already suggested, hard to see councils foregoing the revenue,particularly the city ramps e.g. Altona,St Kilda.
Then again,imagine the bunfight for allocation of funds for refurbishment or rebuild from the State government!!
No easy answer I suppose but there would be a lot of merit in some sort of overall seasons pass for the blokes who fish a lot. Maybe this could be administered/ coordinated thru Fish Vic at licence time with some sort of levee to obtain the ramp discount,but then again, councils would miss out wouldn,t they?
Just random thoughts with no solutions but might prompt some discussion.
Blue
To find a fish
You do the miles.
Catch the fish
and earn the smiles.

Lord,allow me to catch a fish, so large that even I,when speaking of it afterwards.........May have no need to lie !!!

Nude up

Post by Nude up » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:26 pm

The only problem with a pass is you are limited to one area if you want to travel you still have to pay

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:26 pm

Nude up wrote:Maybe Victoria should follow NSW they don’t charge at boat ramps because of the money brought into their local area the old adage build it and they will come.
Same as the nt

They would have a mutiny if they charged for putting your boat in

Were live in such off over governed state

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:04 pm

barra mick wrote:
Same as the nt

They would have a mutiny if they charged for putting your boat in

Were live in such off over governed state
Not too sure about the Territory, but Victorian rego fees are less than 1/2 of QLD's who also have free ramps (so it works out roughly the same)
I don't mid paying a token amount if it means normal vehicles are not using parking spaces designed for boat trailers.
I'd just like to see a more universal parking permit as I use numerous ramps (so there is not point getting a season pass for a certain area) This cant be done if ramps are controlled by councils.

munroe

Post by munroe » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:41 pm

KeenAds wrote:
Nude up wrote:
Haven't been out from there for a while either but there was no machine just coast guard staff. If there not there in the morning when you go out you just fix them up when you get back and if there not there then so be it. Limburners point just up the road is free I think and its a pretty goid ramp also.
Times I've launched from St Helens week days ( free) Following times during the weekend, I've always dumped another 5 in the donation kitty.
Great ramp facilities and a great organisation :thumbsup:

Mattblack
Has liked: 625 times

Post by Mattblack » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:40 pm

Was just looking at Mornington Peninsula Shire Website for ramp fees and discovered they have reduced the annual fee from to $130 to $65!
Wonder if any other councils will do this?

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”