It's still worth going for a flick! - Winter landbased plastics - (Williamstown)

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
LINwAd

It's still worth going for a flick! - Winter landbased plastics - (Williamstown)

Post by LINwAd » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Hey all,

When it comes to winter- I hate the weather and I love wearing shorts and those two just don't mix.

Recovered from a shoulder injury recently and I have been able to get out for a flick in the Williams town area piers. Using plastics as I always do fishing has been very very slow but still managing to get a few, for the bait fishos there is some pinkies off the front of the piers , but they seem to be hanging around too far out for the 7ft rod and plastics to cast. (i will get some again eventually when they come in closer when i am around :victory: )

I have been going out mainly at night and testing out some new rigs and gear.

Anyways as usual I love filming and have made up a video of the recent exploits!

https://youtu.be/9TgcXar-EP4

Has anyone else been getting out landbased with plastic around Melbourne and having much success?
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: It's still worth going for a flick! - Winter landbased plastics - (Williamstown)

Post by Lightningx » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Another great vid mate.
I have never tried that technique with the 2 plastics before but might give it a go!
Luke’s flattie at the end was a beauty!
Keep up the good work.
Cheers :thumbsup:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Re: It's still worth going for a flick! - Winter landbased plastics - (Williamstown)

Post by smile0784 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:28 pm

Great vid.mate

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:49 pm

hell yeah salmon but a bit slow down my flattys have gone to sleep

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:50 pm

[quote="dazz999"]hell yeah salmon but a bit slow down my way flattys have gone to sleep

Born2fish

Post by Born2fish » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:53 pm

Awesome mate vid
Wanna get on the plastics in winter t up a trip with me ill take u to a few good spots in the boat

Buzman610

Post by Buzman610 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:35 pm

Nice report and nice technic

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:22 am

dazz999 wrote:hell yeah salmon but a bit slow down my flattys have gone to sleep
Yeah I have found a slower retreive has helped get them to bit. Instead of a big double hopp I have been slowly drawing the rod up and making two slight wrist movements.
LandFishTV creator - https://www.youtube.com/landfishtv/ Enjoy! :water:

IndiaFailAle

Post by IndiaFailAle » Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:59 am

I've been out flicking small plastics off Ferguson St Pier a couple of times in the past few weeks. It's been a bit of species roulette with bream, salmon, mullet and snapper all taking plastics at one point.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:08 am

Not bad mate. Sounds like you are getting onto a variety of species. I got a couple of small snook there too when I was last there on plastics.

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”