Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: williamstown ferg st pier 09/08/18

Post by Lightningx » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:41 pm

sirsquidalot wrote:
Lightningx wrote:If you want action at this time of the year target salmons and squid :thumbsup:

i've been trying to track the salmons down on the piers but not getting much luck. should probably drive the extra 30 mins and hit the surf beaches. thanks for the heads up brother.
Which piers have you been trying mate? I have been consistently catching them for the past few months :) not every time I go but most times.

sirsquidalot
Has liked: 1 time

Post by sirsquidalot » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:00 pm

Lightningx wrote:
sirsquidalot wrote:
Lightningx wrote:If you want action at this time of the year target salmons and squid :thumbsup:

i've been trying to track the salmons down on the piers but not getting much luck. should probably drive the extra 30 mins and hit the surf beaches. thanks for the heads up brother.
Which piers have you been trying mate? I have been consistently catching them for the past few months :) not every time I go but most times.

I've been fishing the two piers in Williamstown, rockwall at Seaholme and the pier in Altona. Haven't made the mission over bayside yet thought. I was getting a bunch of juvenile kahawhai early in the winter around june but the last couple weeks have been pretty dry, must just be me TBH. I had been mainly fishing for flathead but didn't realise they went quiet midwinter. This is my first winter fishing salt water in Australia so just getting a feel for whats biting when you know. Thanks for the info mate.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:02 pm

sirsquidalot wrote:
Lightningx wrote:
sirsquidalot wrote:

I've been fishing the two piers in Williamstown, rockwall at Seaholme and the pier in Altona. Haven't made the mission over bayside yet thought. I was getting a bunch of juvenile kahawhai early in the winter around june but the last couple weeks have been pretty dry, must just be me TBH. I had been mainly fishing for flathead but didn't realise they went quiet midwinter. This is my first winter fishing salt water in Australia so just getting a feel for whats biting when you know. Thanks for the info mate.
No worries mate. It’s all about learning.
As the weather starts to get warmer you will most likely encounter more species. Snapper/pinkies, flatties, king George whiting will all be in better numbers soon :thumbsup:

IndiaFailAle

Post by IndiaFailAle » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:36 pm

Fished Ferguson St Pier an hour either side of high tide last night - first hour flicking grubs along the pylons for bream/snapper then the second hour bouncing slim swims along the bottom. Picked up one flathead at 44cm off the only bite in two hours. It's definitely not as active as it was a month or two ago.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:54 pm

That’s a nice flattie mate. Should start picking up again soon :thumbsup:

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:44 am

Any fishing update?

IndiaFailAle

Post by IndiaFailAle » Wed Oct 03, 2018 7:44 am

Fished Ferguson St at dusk (high tide was 1840) on Monday, hoping that the snapper were about. Picked up a 37cm flathead right on high tide, on the shallow side of the private marina section on a 2.5" Zman Grub in motor oil. No other bites in two hours.

Kaspar

Post by Kaspar » Wed Oct 03, 2018 8:44 am

IndiaFailAle wrote:Fished Ferguson St at dusk (high tide was 1840) on Monday, hoping that the snapper were about. Picked up a 37cm flathead right on high tide, on the shallow side of the private marina section on a 2.5" Zman Grub in motor oil. No other bites in two hours.
Cheers for the update mate.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:08 pm

Good effort for getting down there

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:36 pm

IndiaFailAle wrote:Fished Ferguson St at dusk (high tide was 1840) on Monday, hoping that the snapper were about. Picked up a 37cm flathead right on high tide, on the shallow side of the private marina section on a 2.5" Zman Grub in motor oil. No other bites in two hours.
Not a bad flattie. Good stuff :thumbsup:

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”