Wyndham harbour rockwall

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Wyndham harbour rockwall

Post by Sebb » Thu Jan 17, 2019 8:51 pm

Went to Wyndham harbour rockwall around 6:30pm. Wind supposedly changed from 25kmh south wind to 10kmh east wind, but didn't happen. I swear it was like 30kmh SW wind.
Had few bites, probably pinkies. Nothing landed.
Very weedy bottom, could only use patternoster to get the bait above the weed.
A guy next to me caught one very small pinkie.
And that was it.

Has anyone ever had success here?

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: Wyndham harbour rockwall

Post by Kenle » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:27 pm

I was there 2 months ago, saw big flocks of birds working the surface within casting distance. I threw on a halco twister and started spinning, on the 3rd cast I started seeing good size salmons chasing lure in but wont hit. Changed to a rapala x-rap in white n it was a fish a cast, it only lasted a good 25mins or so before all of a sudden it went dead quiet and they were gone. Landed 9 fish all up size ranging from 38cm-50cm, great fun. Goodluck :cheers:

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:28 am

Kenle wrote:I was there 2 months ago, saw big flocks of birds working the surface within casting distance. I threw on a halco twister and started spinning, on the 3rd cast I started seeing good size salmons chasing lure in but wont hit. Changed to a rapala x-rap in white n it was a fish a cast, it only lasted a good 25mins or so before all of a sudden it went dead quiet and they were gone. Landed 9 fish all up size ranging from 38cm-50cm, great fun. Goodluck :cheers:
Not bad effort mate

Sebb
Has liked: 3001 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:01 am

Kenle wrote:I was there 2 months ago, saw big flocks of birds working the surface within casting distance. I threw on a halco twister and started spinning, on the 3rd cast I started seeing good size salmons chasing lure in but wont hit. Changed to a rapala x-rap in white n it was a fish a cast, it only lasted a good 25mins or so before all of a sudden it went dead quiet and they were gone. Landed 9 fish all up size ranging from 38cm-50cm, great fun. Goodluck :cheers:
That's awesome, lucky you.
Salmon is a hit and miss for me, since they are very mobile. It's fun when they're around but hard to target.

Considering the weed bottom, I assumed there'd be squid, I tried squid jigs there too, but nothing. Zilch, nil, nada, donut.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jan 18, 2019 7:48 am

I’ve had sessions like that. Short but fun :)

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:02 am

There is a sign up now.DO NOT ENTER in three languages. Obviously someone has been hurt on the rocks recently.It won,t stop me as there are no prosecution signs. And yes there have been some good catches in the past 12 months.

Piglet77

Post by Piglet77 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:50 am

This area is very got and miss. I find the more people the quieter it is there. In the past I have had success on the run out tide with burley

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:47 am

Piglet77 wrote:This area is very got and miss. I find the more people the quieter it is there. In the past I have had success on the run out tide with burley
What did you get mate?

Piglet77

Post by Piglet77 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:52 pm

I have caught flathead, pinkies to about 2kg, whiting, port Jackson's and off coarse my fair share of banjos lol

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin

Post by Lightningx » Fri Jan 18, 2019 3:58 pm

Nice size pinkies!
Decent size kgw as well? :)

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”