Werribee squid

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Re: Werribee squid

Post by bowl » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:00 pm

ChristianGoneFishing wrote:So were out here at the wedge but cant find the fish..... so many boats today
Yeah we got to ramp 5.30, did same old pte launch routuine at n only we had a nearly flat battery........by 9.30 we were back on the water.
Lovely weather but crap day wise fishing...a whopping 2 ting.......
Retrieved the boat n number plate had half come off n dragging on ground...
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

ChristianGoneFishing
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ChristianGoneFishing » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:09 pm

Yah was perfect day for fishing, but no one told the fish that. We gave up on ting and spent a few hours drifting for squid around spit. 1 each for me, the missus and the midget caught one also and loved it.

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:25 pm

Not bad mate :)

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Mon Jan 28, 2019 2:27 pm

ChristianGoneFishing wrote:Yah was perfect day for fishing, but no one told the fish that. We gave up on ting and spent a few hours drifting for squid around spit. 1 each for me, the missus and the midget caught one also and loved it.
Sounds like a good day out regardless , , , , squid had a good day out too , , , , not many got caught but enough for a feed.

Let's hope next time the squid have a bad day out and get , , , , caught, cleaned, ringed, crumbed and , , , , eaten :thumbsup:

Cheers, Bugatti

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:02 am

ChristianGoneFishing wrote:Wow did fishranger get it wrong today. No way it was 5-10kn this morning and no way it was less than 1mtr. Went out for 25min and back in when my little one got a touch sea sick. She never gets sea sick. Hope fish ranger is on the money tomorrow morning. Want to get some fishing in this long weekend.
Yes, ChristianGoneFishing, hard calls are made to return after a short stint. Brother in-law wanted to take his Son last night for a try on the Reds. I got the call to be the Deckie. A fair bit to organise, variety of baits, minced berley, Chum Chunks for a bottom bag etc etc. Well Willyweather got it a bit askew too for the time we were going out . Got to the ramp (West Beach, South Oz) white caps and uncomfortable conditions. Turned back without launching. In the Freezer it all went. See how next week goes.
IMG_20190128_190003.jpg

ChristianGoneFishing
Has liked: 1 time

Post by ChristianGoneFishing » Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:19 pm

Bugatti wrote:
ChristianGoneFishing wrote:Wow did fishranger get it wrong today. No way it was 5-10kn this morning and no way it was less than 1mtr. Went out for 25min and back in when my little one got a touch sea sick. She never gets sea sick. Hope fish ranger is on the money tomorrow morning. Want to get some fishing in this long weekend.
Yes, ChristianGoneFishing, hard calls are made to return after a short stint. Brother in-law wanted to take his Son last night for a try on the Reds. I got the call to be the Deckie. A fair bit to organise, variety of baits, minced berley, Chum Chunks for a bottom bag etc etc. Well Willyweather got it a bit askew too for the time we were going out . Got to the ramp (West Beach, South Oz) white caps and uncomfortable conditions. Turned back without launching. In the Freezer it all went. See how next week goes.
IMG_20190128_190003.jpg
:thumbsup: this weekend looking iffy at this stage :(

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Thu Jan 31, 2019 5:00 pm

Sunday morn looks the good at this stage..
Screenshot_20190131-175821.jpg
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”