Fish unstoppable

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Matthew drako
Has liked: 28 times

Re: Fish unstoppable

Post by Matthew drako » Thu Apr 25, 2019 12:31 pm

Thanks guys for replies, I’m assuming a big Trev as I caught 2 average size ones and also saw a quite big one come up under the mullet there. Doubt it were pinkies or snapper as the snapper that I’ve caught and hooked at willi run straight out. Quite a few of those around as well

e.welch
Has liked: 190 times

Post by e.welch » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:35 am

it was a snapper a guy went there and caught it

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:58 am

Gotta agree with the theory, most snappers run out. Trevally and breams run into structures, same with mulloway. But who knows, some snappers do run into structures too, they're crazy.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:45 am

Matthew drako wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:31 pm
Hey guys, so was fishing Williamstown land based and was quite successful landing a couple flatties 35+cm, a few trevally to 30cm and some big yakkas as as well as the usual smaller Pinkies and bream(did lose a a pinky around 40-45cm at the pier.
Action was of plenty using pilchard fillets for bait and half pillies on another rod
One major problem though, got snapped off 10-15 times by something that I physically couldn’t stop on my 2-4kilo rod with 8 pound line. Basically, I would hook them we gaining ground for a second then bang, surges into/around a pylon and that was all she wrote. My call was big bream/trevally.
Any thoughts on what it was and what could’ve been done.
Thanks

Great day out Matty, well done. Shame about the 40-45 cm Pinkie, nice eating size those. Here in SA, we call those "Pannies", do you guys call them that too?

On the Freight Train Fish on 2-4 kilo rod , , , , an up-size of the gear taken, as some have suggested (which you probably know anyway) may be on the cards , , , , maybe bring a friend to help out as well :-D

Whopper.jpg

Let us know if you end up landing one, interested to see what it is.

Cheers, Bugatti

piscateur
Has liked: 63 times

Post by piscateur » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:59 am

There a good run of Decent pinkys atm and that would be my guess.

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:41 am

Bugatti wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:45 am

Great day out Matty, well done. Shame about the 40-45 cm Pinkie, nice eating size those. Here in SA, we call those "Pannies", do you guys call them that too?

Cheers, Bugatti
We call them the unstoppables :-D
Or I call them dinner for the missus :cheers:
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:45 pm

Call them
You little rippers
Lol

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:48 pm

Bugatti wrote:
Matthew drako wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:31 pm
Hey guys, so was fishing Williamstown land based and was quite successful landing a couple flatties 35+cm, a few trevally to 30cm and some big yakkas as as well as the usual smaller Pinkies and bream(did lose a a pinky around 40-45cm at the pier.
Action was of plenty using pilchard fillets for bait and half pillies on another rod
One major problem though, got snapped off 10-15 times by something that I physically couldn’t stop on my 2-4kilo rod with 8 pound line. Basically, I would hook them we gaining ground for a second then bang, surges into/around a pylon and that was all she wrote. My call was big bream/trevally.
Any thoughts on what it was and what could’ve been done.
Thanks

On the Freight Train Fish on 2-4 kilo rod , , , , an up-size of the gear taken, as some have suggested (which you probably know anyway) may be on the cards , , , , maybe bring a friend to help out as well :-D

Whopper.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
And if that's guy line breaks or shark gets off he will have internal organ damage worse then a.car crash from the whip back of the reel into his abdomen and not to mention the force of the guy landing on him

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sat Apr 27, 2019 1:04 am

smile0784 wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:48 pm
Bugatti wrote:

Whopper.jpg

Cheers, Bugatti
And if that's guy line breaks or shark gets off he will have internal organ damage worse then a.car crash from the whip back of the reel into his abdomen and not to mention the force of , , , , the guy landing on him

I agree smile, if that rod broke that guy would land on him , , , , you could say "Broke Rod Mount Him"

BROKE ROD MOUNT HIM a.png

:o_0:

Cheers, Bugatti

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Post by fishnut » Sat Apr 27, 2019 9:30 am

Plenty of big banjos around atm could be one of those

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”