Warmies Trash

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
Scozziefish71

Warmies Trash

Post by Scozziefish71 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:12 pm

Hi guys,

I was fishing the Warmies the other day and was pretty disgusted by the amount of discarded bottles, plastic bait bags, nests of line etc etc.
To those who fish and leave all of their crap lying around, please take up ten pin bowling or something as real fishermen don't leave balls of death for birds to get caught up in, especially when there are bins nearby.
Clean it up people, everyone can play their part.

fishnut
Has liked: 28 times

Re: Warmies Trash

Post by fishnut » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:18 pm

Scozziefish71 wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:12 pm
Hi guys,

I was fishing the Warmies the other day and was pretty disgusted by the amount of discarded bottles, plastic bait bags, nests of line etc etc.
To those who fish and leave all of their crap lying around, please take up ten pin bowling or something as real fishermen don't leave balls of death for birds to get caught up in, especially when there are bins nearby.
Clean it up people, everyone can play their part.
Well said mate -ditto here

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm

Yea I agree it’s pretty disappointing to see what these animals leave around after they have fished...seen it too many times :dn:

croe04
Has liked: 161 times

Post by croe04 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:24 pm

I've never been to the warmies but from pics and videos i've seen i'm always shocked with the amount of loose rubbish and other crap left all along the rocks, i've never seen it quite like that at any other place i've fished. If I ever go I might bring along a garbage bag and try to pick some stuff up but it wouldn't surprise me if it would return to the same state in a few weeks.

Millzee
Has liked: 42 times

Post by Millzee » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:35 pm

It's people like this that end up getting the public access to areas locked up and then they rant about being locked out. I'm sick to death of seeing the river left this way after all these city slickers go camping and leave the rubbish behind as if theres a garbo that'll come around and pick it up for them. I'm starting to think that locking up the forests is a good idea because of pricks like this.

rb85
Has liked: 412 times

Post by rb85 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:39 am

It’s a disgrace it’s happening at too many accessible locations.
This is a warning regarding the following post made by you: viewtopic.php?f=14&p=349277#p349277 .
Any form of bullying on this forum will NOT BE TOLERATED!

This is your last warning!

Sebb
Has liked: 3010 times

Post by Sebb » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:48 am

Was there yesterday for a quick afternoon fishing. Such a nice spot to fish, jog, picnic, etc. But yes, the amount of rubbish around isn't funny.
------------------------------
A fish is a fish :ft:
No fish is worth a life, stay safe

SteveoTheTiger
Has liked: 182 times

Post by SteveoTheTiger » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:37 am

People who leave their **** laying around is almost right up their with theives in my book.

It is something i hate, whether i am fishing or camping or doing whatever else! I believe in the practice of "leave no trace" wherever possible.

I was camping last week up on the Big River near Eildon and the spot we chose had broken bottles, exploded butane cans, drinking cans, toilet paper and empty shotgun shells amongst many other things all over the place. Seriously, what the hell is wrong with these idiots. Do us all a favour and stay home. Leave the outdoors to those who respect it.

/rant
The only thing better than serenity is a two stroke at full throttle!
Check out my Flickr Photostream

BiDDo

Post by BiDDo » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:43 am

To be honest, I find this unforgivable! Its not hard to throw your **** in the bait bucket less than 5 meters away and if you are in a busy spot and have walked down the way I am betting most of us aren't exactly dressed in our best suit so just jam the **** in a pocket or sock.

WHAT REALLY MAKES ME MAD! All the bloody cigarette butts.

4liters
Has liked: 6 times

Post by 4liters » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:48 am

BiDDo wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:43 am
To be honest, I find this unforgivable! Its not hard to throw your **** in the bait bucket less than 5 meters away and if you are in a busy spot and have walked down the way I am betting most of us aren't exactly dressed in our best suit so just jam the **** in a pocket or sock.

WHAT REALLY MAKES ME MAD! All the bloody cigarette butts.
Funny you mention it, my fishing jacket is full of tag ends I've cut off and lure packets.

A lot of people just have zero respect for other and for the environment they're getting their fish from unfortunately. They're probably the ones whinging the loudest when places get locked up after the locals crack the ***** at the mess.
2015/16 Fisting Victoria Species comp total: 289cm
Brown Trout: 37cm
Flathead: 51cm; Squid: 36cm; Australian Salmon: 51cm; Snapper 46cm; Silver Trevally 23cm; KGW: 45cm
Major Sponsor: Rim Master Tackle

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”