Intellectually disabled son wants to catch a fish.

Williamstown, Altona, Point Cook, Werribee
blacklab99
Has liked: 14 times

Re: Intellectually disabled son wants to catch a fish.

Post by blacklab99 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:45 pm

there are some improvements already being made on refurbishment or up dates to launching facilities around Victoria, for disabled facilities, I have heard this but cant confirm which ones, but its a start !
unfortunately a percentage of our licence fee's wouldn't be an option, as much as we would disagree, but most of the funds are pretty well allocated.
paul at introfish has been hounding all in sundry for a while now, including gov. dept's and private companies for funding, and it hasn't been easy, hard times, people want some sort of benefit to them, even though they agree with the cause.
certainly any help, involvement from anyone, is a great help !
with introfish already getting radio air time and I believe the Bendigo bank as a sponsor, their well on their way to their end goal.
look whether its a vic fishing forum thing, or done in association introfish, at the end of the day, its all towards one cause and that being giving disabled disadvantaged, kids the opportunity to experience fishing, be it on the banks, or out in someones boat.
if anyone wants to get involved or intouch with introfish, p.m. me and I can give you his contact number. I believe his 12 year old daughter is heavily involved in fundraising and helping raise funds etc, so its very much a family affair.

regards
colin

Return to “Williamstown to Werribee”