Port Capacity Project - Webb Dock update

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Port Capacity Project - Webb Dock update

Post by fishingvic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:14 pm

Webb Dock is currently undergoing a major redevelop as part of the $1.6 billion Port Capacity Project. The Project will redevelop Webb Dock returning it to its original role as an international container handling facility, as well as provide a world class automotive terminal and pre-delivery inspection facilities.

An important part of the project involves the development of new buffer areas including a beachside boardwalk along Sandridge Beach connecting to Webb Trail, improved amenities along Webb Trail such as landscaping, seating and bins and a panoramic observation deck at Webb Point (see images attached). While these works take place, Webb Trail will remain closed but will reopen for summer.

For more information visit portcapacity.portofmelbourne.com or call 1800 451 056
7_Perce_White_Reserve.jpg
8-Webb_Trail.jpg
9-Webb_Point.jpg

5ubzero

Re: Port Capacity Project - Webb Dock update

Post by 5ubzero » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:18 pm

and maybe get rid of all the trees around the carpark and some lights. TO many wierdos

fooie69

Post by fooie69 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:32 pm

Sorry for the dopey question but has it already been closed?

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fishingvic » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:46 pm

fooie69 wrote:Sorry for the dopey question but has it already been closed?
Yes, Webb Trail at Webb Dock is currently closed. There is a possibility it may re-open sometime in November.

CanuckDownUnder

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:34 am

I went down there bout a month ago...the main way in was fenced off but I figured it was just for the park....walked down the trail to the right, hooked around through the trees and got onto the path fine. It was nice and empty, no fighting for position. And, the security truck rolled by and just waved, they certainly didn't have a problem with me being there.
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

fooie69

Post by fooie69 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:06 pm

Cool. Thanks for the heads up.

bizzybee

Post by bizzybee » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:59 pm

CanuckDownUnder wrote:I went down there bout a month ago...the main way in was fenced off but I figured it was just for the park....walked down the trail to the right, hooked around through the trees and got onto the path fine. It was nice and empty, no fighting for position. And, the security truck rolled by and just waved, they certainly didn't have a problem with me being there.
did u just walk down the beach n get onto the path from there?

rogs
Has liked: 1 time

PORT MELBOURNE WEBB DOCK REDEVELOPMENT PROJECT

Post by rogs » Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:18 pm

Looks like one of our top Snapper spot will now be too expose and busy after the project is done :doh1:
http://media.theage.com.au/news/victori ... 60341.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by fishingvic » Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:14 pm

Thanks for the update rogs. It's a good animated video of what we can expect to see with the redevelopment at Webb Dock.
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

CanuckDownUnder

Post by CanuckDownUnder » Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:57 am

bizzybee wrote:
CanuckDownUnder wrote:I went down there bout a month ago...the main way in was fenced off but I figured it was just for the park....walked down the trail to the right, hooked around through the trees and got onto the path fine. It was nice and empty, no fighting for position. And, the security truck rolled by and just waved, they certainly didn't have a problem with me being there.
did u just walk down the beach n get onto the path from there?
At the end of the carpark I would usually walk left, but instead I walked straight, there is another path around the back. I had to walk around a fence but it was no struggle.

Don't know what it's like now but I'd guess it's still about the same.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (557.18 KiB) Viewed 1045 times
"Look at where Jesus went to pick people. He didn't go to the colleges; he got guys off the fishing docks." - Jeff Foxworthy

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”