St Kilda Pier

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
fishmagnet

St Kilda Pier

Post by fishmagnet » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:33 am

Hey guys,

Anyone had any luck around the st Kilda area recently? Heading there with a mate today with plastics and looking for a few pinkies or flatties. Thanks guys,

Sam

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: St Kilda Pier

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:38 am

they are around but bait seems more productive than SP.
Attachments
minnows.jpg
minnows.jpg (44.05 KiB) Viewed 3459 times
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

greggo
Has liked: 5 times

Post by greggo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:16 am

Fish-cador wrote:they are around but bait seems more productive than SP.
If you know they are around, why not take the opportunity and practice your SP techniques (if your keen to use SP's that is) or different types of SP. Snapper hit SP's like lollies, and will out-fish bait any day when done correctly.

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:54 am

greggo wrote:
If you know they are around, why not take the opportunity and practice your SP techniques (if your keen to use SP's that is) or different types of SP. Snapper hit SP's like lollies, and will out-fish bait any day when done correctly.
Trust me mate, FC would know what they were more likely to hit, though he's a p**** ;) he does know how to fish really damn well.
Cam
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

greggo

Post by greggo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:04 pm

GTSHoon wrote:
greggo wrote:
Trust me mate, FC would know what they were more likely to hit, though he's a pr*ck ;) he does know how to fish really damn well.
Cam
I'm not having a shot at him...it's just that he said the SP's were'nt working on the snapper. It's a pretty well proven fact that they hit SP's better than bait.

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:43 pm

greggo wrote:
LOL greggo. Your are a troll. With the recent wind, good luck with that.

I am not an SP newbie. I am probably more experienced than you using SPs and HB. I once hauled 17 big flatties from St Kilda pier in less than 2 hours all on SP. Check the photos somewhere on this forum. I did less productive session the next day with FishingViC, Jon. I can land even toadies on SP. A couple of years back when the salmon was thick in Kerfed, I hauled almost a hundred i one session until I gave up.

Go somewhere else to troll. I can give you a lesson but my on-going rate is a bit high. LOL :tongue:
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Fish-cador

Post by Fish-cador » Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:47 pm

greggo wrote:
GTSHoon wrote:
greggo wrote:
Trust me mate, FC would know what they were more likely to hit, though he's a pr*ck ;) he does know how to fish really damn well.
Cam
I'm not having a shot at him...it's just that he said the SP's were'nt working on the snapper. It's a pretty well proven fact that they hit SP's better than bait.
Troll.

where did you get the effing statement that I said SPs WEREN'T working on snapper? I said "LESS PRODUCTIVE". My biggest LB snapper from st kilda was just a few grams shy of 2kg.

Yes, Cam I am still a p**** but I will jump in the water if you fall. :rofl: :victory:
====
Words of wisdom:
====

greggo

Post by greggo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:06 pm

This has gotten out of hand.
I was merely making a suggestion based on your post. Sorry I mis-quoted you, I interpreted your post wrongly by the looks of it.
Why call Troll...?

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Sat Jul 18, 2015 1:32 pm

greggo wrote:This has gotten out of hand.
Yes...and I don't have time to read it all...busy at work. No doubt a misunderstanding and I doubt if greggo would deliberately troll. That's all I got! :)
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

greggo

Post by greggo » Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:39 pm

Fish-cador wrote:
greggo wrote:
LOL greggo. Your are a troll. With the recent wind, good luck with that.

I am not an SP newbie. I am probably more experienced than you using SPs and HB. I once hauled 17 big flatties from St Kilda pier in less than 2 hours all on SP. Check the photos somewhere on this forum. I did less productive session the next day with FishingViC, Jon. I can land even toadies on SP. A couple of years back when the salmon was thick in Kerfed, I hauled almost a hundred i one session until I gave up.

Go somewhere else to troll. I can give you a lesson but my on-going rate is a bit high. LOL :tongue:
Thanks for the offer mate, I'll never knock back an outing with an expert. Let me know when your targeting the elusive Flatty's and toady's again.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”