Webb Dock - 15/6 PM

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
StarrangerAU
Has liked: 58 times

Webb Dock - 15/6 PM

Post by StarrangerAU » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:54 am

Earlier on Saturday morning I took a beach walk past Princes Pier and further along to Webb Dock. The spot looked to have some promise even though the few fishos I stopped to chat with were all pulling donuts. With the missus working late that night I thought I could spare a few hours at sundown to see if the promise could turn to something tangible.

If you have never been to Webb Dock it is roughly 800mtrs of rock wall that surrounds the shipping contaier yard. On the eastern edge seems shallow'ish say 2-3 mtr with plenty of weedy shelters, seems a good mark for whiting or flatties. Around on the southern wall looks to go to about 4mtrs, of which I was hoping I could land a few salmon.

Well at 6pm it was glassed out, slightly warm, and easy enough conditions to put out 3 set lines all with pillies cause thats all I had in the freezer. So it pains me now to report that in the following 3 and 1/2 hours I amassed a staggering.... 3 bites. Thats 3 pissy tap tap bites, not rod benders....

so yeah, finding out the salmon were all down at Barwon explians the very poor showing at Port Melbourne on Saturday night. Oh well, at least the view was nice.
Attachments
58229176154__7DD61FE9-ABF6-42ED-919B-5A17303B7493.JPG

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Re: Webb Dock - 15/6 PM

Post by Lightningx » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:43 pm

Nice report mate.
That area at the start of snapper season is a TOP spot for some big ones. I have seen some monsters landed there and have caught some nice ones myself :)
Had some great sessions on chunky pinkies as well and have seen mulloway cruising around there under the cover of darkness :)
Cheers :thumbsup:

benders
Has liked: 169 times

Post by benders » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:45 pm

Yup. Def a good report. Keep them coming.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:54 pm

StarrangerAU wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:54 am
...Thats 3 pissy tap tap... not rod benders....
Hmmmn webb dock.. (tone of Homer Simpson)

When you feel someone doing "tap tap" on you, make sure you dont bend or you will be hit by a rod.

Bugatti

Post by Bugatti » Sun Jun 16, 2019 7:10 pm

Great day/night out Starranger , , , , turned Stargazer.

And yes, although the less than favourable bites were there and no rodbenders, it is nice to get out and that view is amazing. You'd even go there just for the view.

I was out Saturday night fishing, with nice views. I saw the same Boat a few times , , , ,

B1.PNG

B2.PNG

But maaaaan, that boat gets around, I spotted it in your photo

Boat again.PNG

Seemed like a great night to be out with a million dollar view, you're right :thumbsup:

Cheers, Bug

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”