st kilda pier last night

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
nick

st kilda pier last night

Post by nick » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:24 am

i can now confirm 100% that snapper are getting caught on st kilda pier. saw at least 5 big reds caught and heard of guys up the pier catching too. saw one bloke drop one as it was about to get netted . mr snapper wasnt ready to come in they had him right on the surface then big head shake and off she went.big fish

got there just after sunset. had a guy bag out right near me(literally 5 metres away) biggest fish was 4 kg plus red.

very frustrating when the fish are so close but wont bite on your rod. but it was a good experience anyway to see big reds caught land based even if it wasnt me. had a whole freshly caught squid rigged but not a sniff. plus full pilly with head cut off on intact

fish caught on a paternoster rig tear drop sinker. i think it might have been a running paternoster with a single hook three quarter pilly.

the reds were colse in to the pier about 15 metres to 40meters out casting towards the city.

i didnt get any fish. the closest i got was having a guy cross line me and i saw my line getting pulled a little bit and i was like yes its my turn. waiting in anticipation, i heard oh i think im over your line. damn.

was a good night anyway. i saw a few small pinkies were caught and a horse flatty, but to finally see big reds caught off st kilda pier after all my years of fishing there was awesome.

hopefully have a crack at them tonight again.

good luck and look forward to hearing some reports

Raulfc7
Has liked: 21 times

Re: st kilda pier last night

Post by Raulfc7 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 6:45 am

Keep at it Nick your time will come
"Do good when you remember, and what you forget will be revealed to you; and do not surrender your mind to blind forgetfulness."

Kev209

Post by Kev209 » Sun Oct 12, 2014 7:32 am

Good luck for tonight Nick

bowl
Has liked: 292 times

Post by bowl » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:31 am

So you were casting towards the mournd boats?
To many boats kayak, helicopter , catch a fish,catch a fish

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Oct 12, 2014 8:36 am

Nice report Nick, and good luck for tonight.. Tbh, I'd be careful about naming the spot you were fishing at, you'll find it gets around really quickly, and you'll be struggling to find a spot to fish there tonight. Up to you of course, but spots in the bay, I tend not to get too specific..

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 9:29 am

CarlG wrote:Nice report Nick, and good luck for tonight.. Tbh, I'd be careful about naming the spot you were fishing at, you'll find it gets around really quickly, and you'll be struggling to find a spot to fish there tonight. Up to you of course, but spots in the bay, I tend not to get too specific..
X 2....

Good luck Nick.

Plas-Flicker

Post by Plas-Flicker » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:13 pm

nhillboy wrote:
CarlG wrote:Nice report Nick, and good luck for tonight.. Tbh, I'd be careful about naming the spot you were fishing at, you'll find it gets around really quickly, and you'll be struggling to find a spot to fish there tonight. Up to you of course, but spots in the bay, I tend not to get too specific..
X 2....

Good luck Nick.
X3...

But good to hear that they are around and at least you were in the right place. Hope tonight it goes your way and you are the guy they are talking about tomorrow :thumbsup:
Tight lines = Good Times!

moeee

Post by moeee » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:20 pm

CarlG wrote:Tbh, I'd be careful about naming the spot you were fishing at, you'll find it gets around really quickly, and you'll be struggling to find a spot to fish there tonight. Up to you of course, but spots in the bay, I tend not to get too specific..
Never tried St.Kilda pier for fishing.
But I would have thought the part of the pier that was the furthest out would have been the best spot.

nhillboy

Post by nhillboy » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:36 pm

Got a question. Where do you park if fishing at St.kilda pier. Not familiar with the area but do know there is the payed car park with under cover parking. :cheers:

DougieK
Has liked: 30 times

Post by DougieK » Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:38 pm

I walked the length of Brighton last night. To be honest I woudln't stress to much about mentioning a spot if it's one of the major city piers. I counted 130 rods on brighton pier, chatting to a few guys they had been there for 6+ hours when I arrived (just walking, not fishing). I saw one pinkie come in in the half hour I was there for. It's not going to get much more crowded than it already is on a Saturday night.
Chasing LBG and sharing a love for the Martial Arts, everywhere, all the time.

LBG Season 2023/4 :

Kingfish : 91

Longtail : 1

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”