Kerferd pier, some tips for a complete newbie?

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Slammer

Re: Kerferd pier, some tips for a complete newbie?

Post by Slammer » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:14 pm

Good luck with your jigging, I've tried there but haven't caught any yet.

I saw salmon down at st kilda pier about 2 weeks ago, that's the first time ive seen them this year though.
Slammer

Jacob_Snapper
Has liked: 1 time

Post by Jacob_Snapper » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:16 am

Ok so I fish kerferd road pier alot and im talking at least 2-3 times a week from January till May. Its deeper than 2.5m and navionics can be very wrong at times. When its full high tide the middle of the pier is around 2.5m - 3m deep and the top of the pier its around 3m deep and out further its a good 4.5m - 5m deep, I've been on the boat and have sussed out the depth there.

The fish that can be caught there are Snapper, Pinkies, Whiting, Garfish, Flathead, Bream and Calamari. I've caught all these at Kerferd road and to me is the best pier between February and May, When the water is clear and clean the calamari are to be caught there now is the time. Snapper are caught in big numbers when the weather is crap and the water is choppy im talking Southerly winds around 25knots, I've bagged out on Snapper there many times, I find the best months are September, October, March and April. Pinkies and Whiting fire up mid to late summer with big pinkies and whiting around the 40cm mark to be caught. The bream run happens from January till March at the start of the pier.

If you need anymore info feel free to inbox me im happy to help out in any way I can.
Catching & Releasing Fish is better than catching nothing at all

Rod Bender

Post by Rod Bender » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:57 pm

Jacob_Snapper wrote:.................................................................................

If you need anymore info feel free to inbox me im happy to help out in any way I can.
Helpful advice there and a great offer of assistance...just letting members know you will not be able to reply to pm's until you reach 10 post. Won't take you long to get there.
cheers
Jim
Proudly sponsoring Trelly's Tackleworld and Boats & More!

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”