The mighty Station Pier? Show your catches!

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
LINwAd

The mighty Station Pier? Show your catches!

Post by LINwAd » Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:49 pm

Hey all,

Have you fished the mighty Station Pier?

I have not personally fished there but have heard some good fish can be pulled up.

Whack up your success pictures and stories from Station!

Doesn't matter how old the story, I have noticed there isn't really many reports from this place.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Re: The mighty Station Pier? Show your catches!

Post by Fish-cador » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:13 pm

I don't take photos of all the northern sea star i caught from there. If i took photos and post it here, this topic will be 10 pages long.

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:36 am

Fish-cador wrote:I don't take photos of all the northern sea star i caught from there. If i took photos and post it here, this topic will be 10 pages long.
Thats a bugger, had any other luck there other then them?

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:58 am

Used to catch plenty there. Nice chunky pinkies, tailor, salmon, flatties, gummies.
Problem is a long drop to the water. I used to use a cliff gaf if I caught anything big.

pappyy3
Has liked: 4 times

Post by pappyy3 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:50 am

Remember my Dad taking us there regularly for a fishing trip when we were kids (Geez ... 30 years ago now)

Common catches were Trevally, Flathead, Gurnards, Couta and Pinkies with the occassional odd Ling thrown in.

Really miss those days :)

LINwAd

Post by LINwAd » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:53 am

Lightningx wrote:Used to catch plenty there. Nice chunky pinkies, tailor, salmon, flatties, gummies.
Problem is a long drop to the water. I used to use a cliff gaf if I caught anything big.
Yeah that's the problem with high fishing locations, makes it difficult to get the catch back up.

gregmaka
Has liked: 97 times

Post by gregmaka » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:36 pm

This particular morning i was not expecting or prepared for this run of Snapper. I asked a guy there what they were catching at the moment,and he said Snapper i replied bull---sh .In less than one hour i had 4 runs.I got to retrieved only two of them only because one good man that was there helped me out as he had a gaff,or no was i was able to bring them up on light gear. He weight the first one for me and it was bang on 5kg. It was the first time ever that i caught Snapper. In July the same year i was catching 25-35 Salmon and on the same year in December 2013 and 2014 i was catching 1-3 kg Salmon. I havn't been back ever since. My father fishes that area reguarly so i will know when the time is ripe again. I also don't like the 3 or so meter drop. I know a few regulars there and they have shown me photos of Sharks,10 kg Snapper,big Trevally,and other speices that are really not that common for this side of the bay.The depth is about 10 meters,so it don't matter too much high tide or low tide. Be prepared fisheries visit ofter expecually Snapper seoson as this is their breeding grounds.I have seen with my own eyes upto 70 big ones caught in one day. Good luck
Attachments
19-10-13  STATION PIER (2).jpg

Misheen

Post by Misheen » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:09 pm

Can you drive to the end or do you have to walk it?

Bar002811

Post by Bar002811 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:55 pm

I've caught some flatties there before on pillies like two years ago. Good luck:)

adamk

Post by adamk » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:37 pm

the old pier at the end of the pilions is spose to be good as there is a nice drop off that produces

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”