Princes pier and Lagoon pier Soft plastics session

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
Scozziefish71

Princes pier and Lagoon pier Soft plastics session

Post by Scozziefish71 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:25 am

Hi All,

I tried Princes pier for around an hour this morning on a rising tide.........nothing, no fish activity, nothing in sight.
I walked around to Lagoon pier, second cast, a 35cm Flattie which managed to stab me in the finger (forgot about the spikes).
I was followed in on numerous occasions by squid at the beach side of the pier and felt the nudges but no squid jigs in the box, I was also followed in by a huge Pike which turned away at the last moment.
All in all, not the best day but still enjoyed a fling and some sea air.

Kenle
Has liked: 214 times

Re: Princes pier and Lagoon pier Soft plastics session

Post by Kenle » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:40 am

Great session mate, I've traveled far for just the thrill of fishes following my plastics. You were able to do it close to home so that's awsome as. Keep one of everything in your tackle pack, I've had many a session where the particular species of fish was there but had no tackle or lure to get them. It's a massive tease lol, keep at it mate good work :a_goodjob:

Lightningx
Bluefin
Bluefin
Has liked: 72 times

Post by Lightningx » Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Not a bad session mate.
Surprised to hear about the squid there. Have fished that pier heaps in the past and never really saw anyone catch or target them there except really tiny ones.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 1:48 pm

Sounds like bit of fuun

dazz999
Has liked: 5 times

Post by dazz999 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:55 pm

Scozziefish71 wrote:Hi All,

I tried Princes pier for around an hour this morning on a rising tide.........nothing, no fish activity, nothing in sight.
I walked around to Lagoon pier, second cast, a 35cm Flattie which managed to stab me in the finger (forgot about the spikes).
I was followed in on numerous occasions by squid at the beach side of the pier and felt the nudges but no squid jigs in the box, I was also followed in by a huge Pike which turned away at the last moment.
nice was the water dirty

Scozziefish71

Post by Scozziefish71 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Kenle wrote:Great session mate, I've traveled far for just the thrill of fishes following my plastics. You were able to do it close to home so that's awsome as. Keep one of everything in your tackle pack, I've had many a session where the particular species of fish was there but had no tackle or lure to get them. It's a massive tease lol, keep at it mate good work :a_goodjob:
Cheers mate,

I have quite a few different plastics but I am still a novice, trying my best though. :-D

Scozziefish71

Post by Scozziefish71 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Lightningx wrote:Not a bad session mate.
Surprised to hear about the squid there. Have fished that pier heaps in the past and never really saw anyone catch or target them there except really tiny ones.
I tried behind the platforms on the pier ( first one in) and was hit by and followed by a few squid, all around 30cm long, strangely the exact same thing happened at Altona last night, this is the first time I have seen as many squid around myself.

Scozziefish71

Post by Scozziefish71 » Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:51 pm

Lightningx wrote:Not a bad session mate.
I tried behind the platforms on the pier ( first one in) and was hit by and followed by a few squid, all around 30cm long, strangely the exact same thing happened at Altona last night, this is the first time I have seen as many squid around myself.
dazz999 wrote:
Scozziefish71 wrote:Hi All,

nice was the water dirty
The water was a bit cloudy but I could still see the plastic to about six or seven ft down.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”