off to webb dock

Lagoon Pier, Kerferd Road Pier, Station Pier, Princes Pier, Webb Dock Port Melbourne
complete-anglerz-12

off to webb dock

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:31 pm

going to head to webb dock to see what is around got some squid blue bait and pillies. run out tide will not help but great day to wet a few lines.
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

shazzagraz

Re: off to webb dock

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 12:55 pm

I haven't been to this location but keen to give it a go since it's pretty local to me. Would you say that it's kid friendly (8yr old boy) or absolutely avoid it with kids? I understand it's rocks but my boy is very good on his feet, I'd just worry if it gets choppy and wet, not really sure of the water conditions down there!

raco09
Has liked: 3 times

Post by raco09 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:19 pm

Hey shazz, if its the same spot I'm thinking then taking junior should be ok. you don't actually stand on rocks to fish as there is a path you walk along. so I believe its safe enough. there are also some small jetties along there. cheers
To fish or not to fish...NOT TO FISH ??Yea...like that's even an option !

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Sun Apr 07, 2013 1:59 pm

raco09 wrote:Hey shazz, if its the same spot I'm thinking then taking junior should be ok. you don't actually stand on rocks to fish as there is a path you walk along. so I believe its safe enough. there are also some small jetties along there. cheers
Oh sweet... Good to hear. I've looked at the spot from a distance while driving through the area and didn't notice any walking tracks or dedicated fishing spots. I figured it was just a rock wall.

Cuda
Has liked: 2 times

Post by Cuda » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:48 pm

complete-anglerz-12 wrote:going to head to webb dock to see what is around got some squid blue bait and pillies. run out tide will not help but great day to wet a few lines.
Let us know how you went.
cheers

complete-anglerz-12

Post by complete-anglerz-12 » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:50 pm

just got back to a 46 and 35 pinkie are in the oven caught some shorts and a few banjos fun day till the mini rain storm hit
where is the calamari ............. don't worry they coming ........ they will come

Cuda

Post by Cuda » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:55 pm

nic catch

kev_b

Post by kev_b » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:21 pm

Nice Catch, I went last Sunday, early 6 - 10:30 am. Caught nothing.

Is a good place for the kids as well. the jetties are good access, if they are all full, at the very end the path turns to the right, along here the rocks form a type of wall which make it great for kids if the waves pick up.

Cuda

Post by Cuda » Sun Apr 07, 2013 9:11 pm

Kev, any jetties/platforms around the bend there?

kev_b

Post by kev_b » Sun Apr 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Cuda

There are no jetties past the bend, although from memory the water is quite deep there ( maybe wrong though) You can climb down the rocks to land the fish, they just form almost a wall.

A guy last weekend caught a snapper just before I packed up, almost had a big bite that bit him off almost straight after.
It should be OK for you & your Lad, great views of the ships as well.

Return to “Port Melbourne to St Kilda”