Patto River 16/8

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
jacob.s

Patto River 16/8

Post by jacob.s » Sat Aug 16, 2014 8:59 pm

Was there from about 3.30 till 7 just past the 2nd boat ramp from the left. Had a rising barometer, sunset and high tide so was expecting a bite but no good. Only saw 1 guy get a barely legal salmon on pippies otherwise I didn't see anyone else land anything.

Does anybody know where I can go to fish around the moared boats or are all the marina areas private? I was looking for structure but couldn't find anything really good.

claretone

Re: Patto River 16/8

Post by claretone » Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:10 am

not any more, we used to pump sand worms on the vacant blocks years ago but it is all private.

Unless you live there or have a boat is the only way of getting those cracker bream that are in the system
MY WIFE LETS ME BUYS ALL THE FISHING GEAR I CAN HIDE !!

vinalf

Post by vinalf » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:21 am

If you search for this address in Google you will find a park that has access to the water. I am not sure how private the water font property is as I have never fished it but if at patto it is not far to drive down and find out.

30 Snapper Point Dr, Patterson Lakes VIC 3197

baff2008

Post by baff2008 » Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:49 am

grey area with water ways and private property.

i know with natural waterways for freshwater the land owner cannot restict you access to any natural waterway. now dose this mean you can cross trespass on private property to acces a creek for some crayfishing of does that mean that you need to find a road crossing that creek and access the waterway from ther?

my self personally use the second method. I grew up on farm with 2 large dams that were stocked with yabbies and had to deal with people thinking they had the right to access these dams but they did not as they were on private property and not a natural water way.

any thoughts?

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:00 am

Not all natural waterways are public. Some old land titles extend over the waterway. With patto you're **** out of luck as inside the floodgates in 100% private and unless you have a boat, kayak, own a waterfront property or fish as you swim you're stuck fishing the main river. The river and lakes are man made

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”