frankston pier

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Scraglor
Has liked: 1 time

Re: frankston pier

Post by Scraglor » Mon Nov 10, 2014 7:08 pm

poodoo wrote:
Scraglor wrote:
poodoo wrote:nope lol caught one myself.
I can confirm there are squid at frankston pier. I didnt believe it at first as there is no structure around.

I have seen dive vids of the artificial reef with squid hanging about tho, so I guess its stray ones hanging around the pylons. They were all small tho, so I wouldnt go there to target them. All the ones I have caught there were bait sized at best. However if you are fishing there anyway, pack a couple of jigs in case you can sight them.
My theory is with the artificial reef other species have now settled there. Typical mornington sized small squid, with the occasional larger one.
Yeah, that was my theory too. They are at mornington and mordi, so anywhere in between with structure and a food source makes sense that they would be around. Still better off going to either of the above if u are after squid imo. I live in frankston but would still prefer to drive elsewhere to get them

asianhawks

Re: frankston pier

Post by asianhawks » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:30 pm

Thanks for all your help. just want to spend couple of hours there to try my luck, not looking for keepers but maybe a few bites and hook up will do me. Thanks again

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”