One of the best days I've had

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
GTSHoon

One of the best days I've had

Post by GTSHoon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 10:38 pm

Today I had one of my most memorable days while fishing, not just for the fish that were caught but the people I caught them with too.
About 3pm yesterday Mazman sent me a message asking if I wanted to fish Gunnamata in the morning with him, and of course the answer was yes, then less than an hour later AVG_Fisho sent me a message asking me if I wanted to head out on his boat and that of course was something I wanted to do as well, so after a quick discussion Maz and I decided to hit Gunners around 7am and then at around 10am head over to the boat ramp to meet AVG_Fisho and hit up some pinkies and the like until about 3:00pm!
So after a restless sleep of 3hrs I was up and ready to go at 5:30am a quick run to Ringwood station and jumped in the car wtth Alex (Mazman) and his mum for the trip to gunners, arrived around 7 and hit the water straighy away, first 50 mins was dead quiet without a touch (unless you count a 10kg clump of weed) until we finally reached the spot where Alex promised some fish and sure enough bang first cast he hooks up to a decent fish up around the 50cm mark, then as quick as possible I had my first cast out and smack onto my first salmon on a metal slug again up around the 50cm mark (Alex will post some pics tomorrow) then proceeded to catch anoither 2 around the 25cm mark, quite amusing on a 50g slug! Ended with 8 between the 3 of us most up around the 40-50cm mark except my 2 baby ones hahaha
Once we finished with the school we shot over to Frankston and met with Damon (AVG_Fisho) and headed straight out to a good spot and first few drops we managed a few squid and a pinky or two, then drifted over the area agin with some vibes this time and same result except with a few flatties in the mix to, none legal but good fun none the less!!!!
On the next drift we didn't manage another fish so decided to trawl around for some pike/snook or couta and with in 5 mins Damon had hooked the first couta for the day which promptly spat the hooks boat side, then bang Alex is on to another one and managed to land this one, had a few more casts but didnt get another hit. So back to the trawl and managed a few more over the next couple of trawls which was a lot of fun!!!!!
We finally headed deep to try for something bigger but had no interest for the 30 mins we were out there then headed back in for one last attempt, started bombarding spot AF with plastics but had no luck, so decided to try something new, squid tentacles on a 1/2 oz jighead and boy did that work straight away it was micro pinky after micro pinky, but a lot of fun on 1-3kg gear! Alex even managed a legal flathead which was a nice surprise! :woohoo:
Sadly it was then time to leave so after a quick run back to the ramp it was back home and back to daydreaming about the monster salmon I dropped (probably only 40cm :rofl: )
So in recap caught my first salmon, first pinky on lure, first couta, first fish on hard body, christened the new squid rod and met some awesome people! :a_goodjob:
Cam :sun:
P.S. photos upcoming :nicefish!:
The fishing was good; it was the catching that was bad
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing

purple5ive
Has liked: 567 times

Re: One of the best days I've had

Post by purple5ive » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:00 pm

Well done mate. Days like these you never forget. Glad you had a good time and good on damon for taking you guys out
Cheers

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:08 pm

Yeah was easily in my top 10 trips, possibly top 5! And yeah he's a top guy that's for sure!

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:09 pm

Happy to see you had a good time, bit sad we couldn't find the 50cm pinkys from yesterday though but that's just how it is.

You forgot the cuttlefish that Alex and I caught, that was a good story haha.

Hopefully a Snapper trip next!
Average Angling Adventures
With Specialty Fishing Products
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

GTSHoon

Post by GTSHoon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:19 pm

Heres hoping mate, and Ohh yeah the rock hahaha, will explain quickly, first drop with the squid jig Damons squid rod just bends over and obviously we all jump up thinking its a big squid, however it stayed bent so we were like damn its a rock so alex picks up the rod and Damon starts turning the boat around to unsnag it as it comes free Alex somehow manages to hook a bloody cuttlefish, on damons gear under the boat while snagged hahaha, one of the strangest captures I've seen!

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:23 pm

GTSHoon wrote:Heres hoping mate, and Ohh yeah the rock hahaha, will explain quickly, first drop with the squid jig Damons squid rod just bends over and obviously we all jump up thinking its a big squid, however it stayed bent so we were like damn its a rock so alex picks up the rod and Damon starts turning the boat around to unsnag it as it comes free Alex somehow manages to hook a bloody cuttlefish, on damons gear under the boat while snagged hahaha, one of the strangest captures I've seen!
While tangled in line that was snagged on the bottom!
http://www.facebook.com/average.angling" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

barra mick
Has liked: 26 times

Post by barra mick » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:23 pm

Great stuff...snapper on fire atm
you gotta hav a crack even if yr just pissin in the wind

AVG_Fisho

Post by AVG_Fisho » Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:25 pm

Good times.
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 3427161703" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The cuttle
image.jpg

spudtrans
Has liked: 30 times

Post by spudtrans » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:31 am

great report, thankyou
sounds like a great day out

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:48 am

Sounds like a cracker day lads, well done..!

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”