Might be ideal

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Might be ideal

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:49 pm

Looking at the wind graph and direction it looks like ideal conditions for floating a balloon off of Frankston or Mornington piers.

Dam not having a car at present or else I wouldn't be telling you guys about it, as :gone: I would be down there doing it myself. :fishing:

Beef_Jerky72

Re: Might be ideal

Post by Beef_Jerky72 » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:02 pm

How does that actually work. I think I watched a video of an old fart catching a big snapper of mornington once..might even have been from this site. Is the theory you put a hook/sinker under a balloon and the tide takes it out further than you can cast ..yeah ?

Wolly Bugger
Has liked: 13 times

Post by Wolly Bugger » Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:51 pm

Beef_Jerky72 wrote:How does that actually work. I think I watched a video of an old fart catching a big snapper of mornington once..might even have been from this site. Is the theory you put a hook/sinker under a balloon and the tide takes it out further than you can cast ..yeah ?
It is the wind that takes it out.

The trick is to loop the line through the knot on the balloon so that the line can slip out either when you get a bite or have the bait out where you want it to be and with a quick yank pulls the line free of the balloon.

My largest catch was almost a catamaran that decided to go between the balloon I had out and the pier. :banana: :super: :grin: :fish11: :fish11:

Beef_Jerky72

Post by Beef_Jerky72 » Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:55 am

Oh OK. I wondered about the bit of getting the line out of balloon so it could go to the right depth.

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”