Fish everywhere

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Smolzer

Re: Fish everywhere

Post by Smolzer » Sat May 25, 2013 10:50 am

G'day

Depends what you want to catch, easiest to use and fairly proven for the salmon is a small metal of any type, I prefer the chrome twisty.

Seems the soft plastics in the darker colours seem to be going very well at the moment as well, otherwise for the bream, peeled prawns and timing seem to work ;-)

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Sat May 25, 2013 10:53 am

I have found at Patto when using bait just try and use the smallest sinker you can get away with and a really quick retrieve motion usually avoids any hassles...this last trip was an exception to the rule, couldn't catch a break.

Most people were using metal slug type silvery/blue lures for salmon, casting almost to the other side of the river with a quick retrieve. there was a few throwing some light colored soft plastics also having similar success. Seems when they are interested pretty much anything will do the trick, just a matter of waiting for a school to swim by :victory:

Smolzer

Post by Smolzer » Sat May 25, 2013 11:17 am

Freakazoid wrote:I have found at Patto when using bait just try and use the smallest sinker you can get away with and a really quick retrieve motion usually avoids any hassles...this last trip was an exception to the rule, couldn't catch a break.

Most people were using metal slug type silvery/blue lures for salmon, casting almost to the other side of the river with a quick retrieve. there was a few throwing some light colored soft plastics also having similar success. Seems when they are interested pretty much anything will do the trick, just a matter of waiting for a school to swim by :victory:

spot on :a_goodjob:

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sat May 25, 2013 11:29 am

I went for a fish this morning. Mordi was a joke. w** poles all over.

Went to patto estuary and only 2 small salmon caught between 6 spinners and bait soakers. Not firing in Patto this morning.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Smolzer

Post by Smolzer » Sat May 25, 2013 5:21 pm

Bugger, glad I didn't come down today, might head down tomorrow for a bit, hopefully weather gets a bit rough and brings them into the rocks again

bigdan91

Post by bigdan91 » Sat May 25, 2013 5:24 pm

was there from 1-4:30ish this arvo and only had 1 bite, saw around 5 salmon caught all day

Daisymuffin

Post by Daisymuffin » Sat May 25, 2013 6:39 pm

Went there today for bream, not a bite so changed location to the mouth of the river around 5-ish and using a paternoster rig got plenty of bites with pilchard as bait especially when the conditions became rougher but no luck reeling them in, also lost a few baytrout. Saw people catching small ones earlier on. Anyone know which part is best for bream? And what can you catch at the mouth? No idea what i had hooked onto

Freakazoid

Post by Freakazoid » Sat May 25, 2013 8:01 pm

Daisymuffin wrote:Went there today for bream, not a bite so changed location to the mouth of the river around 5-ish and using a paternoster rig got plenty of bites with pilchard as bait especially when the conditions became rougher but no luck reeling them in, also lost a few baytrout. Saw people catching small ones earlier on. Anyone know which part is best for bream? And what can you catch at the mouth? No idea what i had hooked onto
When it's rough I've had luck with big bream near the mouth, generally though I've got on to a few around the bridge and down further near the boat ramp. I usually get bombarded with toadies tho too the further down the river I go Bangg

Daisymuffin

Post by Daisymuffin » Sat May 25, 2013 8:09 pm

What are the chances of catching flathead, snapper or jewfish at the river?

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”