Fishing @ Lakes Entrance

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
sharklasers

Fishing @ Lakes Entrance

Post by sharklasers » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:32 pm

Hi guys,

I am looking to do a roadtrip down to Lakes Entrance for some fishing

Does anyone have any recommendations on spots to fish at? We don't have a boat or anything - so more restricted to pier fishing...

Also wouldn't mind catching some crabs?

Any advice on location will be useful

charlie

Re: Fishing @ Lakes Entrance

Post by charlie » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 pm

You can fish under the main bridge or if you take third exit from the first roundabout on your left thers a spot..or theres a few piers on the main road.!

In my experience, Marlo/orbost has been much better fishing off the jetty or surf..its a bit more of a drive tho..good luck

GummySlayer

Post by GummySlayer » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm

There's piers, bridges, beaches, snowy river/mouth (Marlo)
So much fishing around the area mate. Google it and you should come up with heaps!

sharklasers

Post by sharklasers » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:44 pm

Thanks for the tips guys. I'll do a bit of a google search to see what comes up.

muzza43
Has liked: 104 times

Post by muzza43 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:39 pm

plenty of spots off the island, just turn right at the roundabout as you enter lakes. Good luck. Lyall

cobby
Has liked: 136 times

Post by cobby » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Go onto Google maps. Mark out a few spots with road access you like the look of. Drive down and fish any of the marked spots on your map that you can actually get access to and bobs your uncle

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Post by eddyt » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:26 pm

I'm going to head down too over the weekend, planning on fishing around Metung and the Tambo.

Wondering how the water is after all that heavy rain. The yarra looks like poo at the moment.

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:36 pm

On Ifish this weekend they were going around the little jetties and piers at lakes entrance at dropping lightly splitshotted live shrimp, every cast was a bream , fluorocarbon was key. The best part was Paul drove into the town and picked up the guy who told him about the jetties!
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

shazzagraz

Post by shazzagraz » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:40 pm

Master-pro wrote:On Ifish this weekend they were going around the little jetties and piers at lakes entrance at dropping lightly splitshotted live shrimp, every cast was a bream , fluorocarbon was key. The best part was Paul drove into the town and picked up the guy who told him about the jetties!
Would've loved to have seen this episode.
EDIT: Actually I'm pretty sure I have my Tbox set to automatically record iFish whenever it's on. I'll have to check it out when I can get the remote off my wife and see if it recorded the episode on the weekend.

Master-pro

Post by Master-pro » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:44 pm

It was awesome to see, bream schooled up under the pier waiting for something to swim by. It really showed that fluorocarbon does work, the guy he was fishing with was a local who had never used it before, he didn't get a fish for ages while Paul was getting them evercast. As soon as the guy put flurry on he started getting the bigger ones!
PB- Snapper 55cm, Whiting 38cm, Flathead 55cm, Bream 38cm, Australian Salmon 55cm, Carp 80cm

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”