Patterson River 23/06

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Daisymuffin

Patterson River 23/06

Post by Daisymuffin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:05 pm

NOTHING!!11 Not a single bite. Lost 3 soft plastics and I ended up eating more bread than the fish..

Can anyone tell me how to catch bream at patterson river? been there sooo many times and left with nothing
I had a short session today, fishing under the bridge with glass-like waters and got snagged 3 times losing 3 sp's..
Went to second boat ramp as first was taken by other fishos and NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
How
How
How

eddyt
Has liked: 25 times

Re: Patterson River 23/06

Post by eddyt » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Fish the rising tide. Bait usually works better than lures, best baits being anything caught locally (yabbies, shrimps, crabs, sandworm) but prawn and bread also work well.

When the water is dirty and running fast, the bream will be out near the mouth, when its cleaner move in towards the floodgates.

Best time to fish is dawn/dusk or at night. Good luck!

Daisymuffin

Post by Daisymuffin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:28 pm

ok thanks!
p.s what are flood gates and where are they locateD? I have google earth'd them with no luck
p.p.s i fished from 6-7.30pm with nothing but im guessing thats becuase of the conditions
p.p.p.s if the water isn't dirty and running fast, where do i go? do i fish near structure? if so, where?

sydney4

Post by sydney4 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:49 pm

Hi, join the club, I have fished that river from top to bottom, Chicken soaked in tuna oil, Live worms, Live yabs, Running set up to small ball straight on to hook. Look at posts about this river, people telling you pump live yabbies and worms along the river, fish run in tide between the floodgates. I have been fishing that river for 3 months and talking to people along the banks, they are all saying the same thing . This river and lakes according to a fish magazine I seen in a news agent recently is one of if not the best bream spot in Melbourne ,Seen people catch small salmon of the rocks and one caught on a lure casting from the bridge , Dredging will make no difference to landbased fishos this is done so the cruisers of the elite can get access to the bay with a grant from the government of half a mill, cheers find another place like me. thanks james.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:54 pm

DM, you are not alone. My last spinning trip only resulted in 1 x "barely legal" salmon. Our luck will change....
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Daisymuffin

Post by Daisymuffin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:18 pm

I can only cry in a corner and pray..

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:21 pm

Daisymuffin wrote:NOTHING!!11 Not a single bite. Lost 3 soft plastics and I ended up eating more bread than the fish..

Can anyone tell me how to catch bream at patterson river? been there sooo many times and left with nothing
I had a short session today, fishing under the bridge with glass-like waters and got snagged 3 times losing 3 sp's..
Went to second boat ramp as first was taken by other fishos and NOTHINGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
How
How
How
In the immortal words of the not so immortal Bon Scott, tnt....

Daisymuffin

Post by Daisymuffin » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:45 pm

I have no idea what you are on about, I can't catch a fish

sasquatch972
Has liked: 21 times

Post by sasquatch972 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:48 pm

go up around the boat ramps, in and around there, 4 hours and fish a running sinker with prawns.....8/10 times i was there i got a bream...mind you majority were under sized... use size 2-4 long shank hooks.

CarlG
Has liked: 1 time

Post by CarlG » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:48 pm

Daisymuffin wrote:
I have no idea what you are on about, I can't catch a fish
Dynamite, to blow the fussy little buggers out of the water...
I'll stick with the salmon methinks...

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”