Frankston Garfish frenzy!

Carrum, Patterson River/Lakes, Aspendale, Edithvale, Chelsea, Seaford, Frankston
Tonyzee

Re: Frankston Garfish frenzy!

Post by Tonyzee » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:08 pm

Isn' the total max bag 40 per angler, making those 5 flathead extra over the limit?

fishingvic
Site Admin
Site Admin
Has liked: 386 times

Post by fishingvic » Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:11 pm

Tonyzee, please read and get to know the Catch Limits and Closed Seasons from the DPI website (Fisheries)
http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/fisheries/rec ... ed-seasons
Bag limit: The maximum number of a particular type of fish that a person may take on any one day.
Meaning different species have different bag limits.

ie: Garfish http://www.dpi.vic.gov.au/fisheries/rec ... ll-species
Fishing Victoria Admin
http://www.fishing-victoria.com
Fishing Victoria - Forums for fishing and angling in Victoria, Australia.

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:42 pm

DAILY LIMIT: 40 gars, 2 tuna, 40 mullets, 10 pinkies, 10 bream, 20 salmon, 10 sweep, 10 cala, 20 KGW, etc etc for as long as you dont exceed the daily limit for any fish species.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:53 am

I always wanted to ask this question … what if 3 people fishing together?
Is it ok to say that they can keep the daily limit per person X 3 … all to be kept together in one container/esky etc. ?

Fish-cador
Has liked: 10 times

Post by Fish-cador » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:17 am

Berto Pescatore wrote:I always wanted to ask this question … what if 3 people fishing together?
Is it ok to say that they can keep the daily limit per person X 3 … all to be kept together in one container/esky etc. ?
for ease of management and policing, yes the fisheries officers allow such practice. The officers will not ask who caught what and how many. I guess they dont expect a group to bring one esky for each angler. However, if only one guy is fishing and catching all the fish for the 3, that is illegal. If the anglers are caught in the act like that, the person hauling in the fish will be fined for exceeding the limits.

I despise anglers who bring the whole household when fish is biting and hand over a rod to every baby in the pram in order to put as much fish as possible on their esky. Greedy buggers.
OF ALL THE THINGS I LOST, I MISS MY MIND THE MOST.
====
Words of wisdom:
"I will never argue with an idiot. He might drag me down to his level then beat me with experience"
====

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Fri Nov 09, 2012 11:21 am

thanks for the answer, it actually make sense ... and I totally agree on the last part

tboner

Post by tboner » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:05 pm

I see this happen all the time with squid. A family 10 will come down to piers and only 2 or 3 are actually cathching the squid but they seem to think they are able to take 100 as there is ten of them. But worse they are there for 2 or 3 days in a row. God knows what you could do with all that fish!! But yet if you call fisheries they never come. Maybe our liecence fee's should go to employing more officers.

Berto Pescatore

Post by Berto Pescatore » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:10 pm

I think the majority of the anglers are acting reasonably in terms of the number of rods they use and their catches, but I also agree that sometimes you still find some greedy ones, which I hope they ethically change matching the good examples around them over time.

smile0784
Has liked: 39 times

Post by smile0784 » Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 pm

thats good then ill catch more gars next time then up to 40 should do it i can lol

Return to “Chelsea to Frankston”